We work and play in Canada's most beautiful playground, Banff National Park, and you can too. Sunshine Village is the premier ski resort in Western Canada. If you want to be part of making our guests' ski experience unforgettable and think a winter season skiing and riding on the best powder in the Rockies would be great too, then read on...
What's in it for you?
- A ridiculously cool life experience
- Free ski pass for Sunshine Village and super deals at other resorts
- A plethora of lively staff events all season long
- Marvelous discounts on ski gear, food & drinks and transportation. Description
The Social and Marketing Administration Assistant is in a highly visible, guest-facing role, and is responsible for assisting the Marketing departments team with social media and general department administration tasks. This position is responsible for assisting with posting, monitoring, and reporting on all the Banff Sunshine Village social media accounts and performing office administration tasks. This position reports to Communications and Events Supervisor, and under the guidance of other senior personnel in Sales and Marketing.
Work with Digital Brand Supervisor to post best-in-class content on social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Tiktok, Twitter, LinkedIn) regularly in adherence to the Banff Sunshine Village brand guidelines. Research the latest trends on social and online trends and report back to the senior staff with how Banff Sunshine Village can adopt and implement to grow the brands engagement and following.
Assist the Communications and Events Departments with administrative tasks to help keep the department organized. Working with other departments including but not limited to Accounting, Human Resources, Hotel, Ski School and Rentals.
Administrative and Reporting Responsibilities:
- Keep an accurate log of associated costs with Content Projects, Film Crews and Events, including expense reporting and invoicing
- Assist with online media and content needs as directed
- Keep up to date on all Sunshine Village and industry news
- Timely and accurate incident reporting to appropriate departments and personnel.
- Ensuring company policies, including health and safety measures, and administration on the waiver/release program, for groups and events are consistently adhered to. Other duties may be requested and assigned from time to time.
- Must have a professional understanding of using social media for a brands marketing purposes, along with a basic understanding of analytics, copywriting, photo and video content creation and editing.
- Must always maintain professional conduct when in uniform, and when acting as a company representative.
- Outgoing, positive, social, and friendly attitude.
- Good time management skills, calm under pressure, and patient.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of programs (Sharepoint, Excel, Outlook, etc.) is required, along with the ability to adapt quickly to new programs and procedures.
- Prepared to work flexible schedules (evenings, weekends, holidays).
- Prepared to work outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Communicate effectively in English, both written and verbally.
- Attend and actively participate in meetings and training.
- Must be neat, punctual and dependable. Additional Considerations
- Employees must always be of sound mind, exhibit good judgment, and report to work fit for duty.
- This position will require overnight stays at on the mountain while working on projects. In addition, this role may work at night, and will be in a remote, alpine environment.
- This position may at times deal with sensitive, personal information and confidentiality must be adhered to.
- Skiing or snowboarding equipment used for work must be in good operating condition, meet Sunshine Village Equipment requirements, and will be tested throughout the season.
- Required uniform pieces (liner, jacket, pants, toque) are provided. Employee must be prepared and wear appropriate footwear, gloves, layers, etc. for the conditions. This role is subject to all terms and conditions of the Sunshine Village Employee Handbook and Policy Manual, and the Alberta Employment Standards Code.