WHO WE ARE
Up With Women / Exponenti'elles is a national charity dedicated to helping recently homeless and at-risk women, non-binary folks and families to build a sustainable pathway out of poverty. We are growing, and do not see this changing as we scale across Canada. We need a Director who will help solidify and grow our supporter relationships and champion expansion across Canada within the funder community. This is a unique opportunity at an exciting time, to play a leadership role in making an incredible impact!
If you are a creative, experienced, self-motivated fundraising professional who is excited about the opportunity to help grow a proven, innovative and entrepreneurial high-impact charity please apply! This position manages our small fundraising/comms team. (one direct report and freelancers at present.) Reporting to the CEO, you will be responsible for designing and implementing the strategy for development including a strong base of corporate partnerships that are in place and need stewardship and strategic management. You will also work with and grow the portfolio.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
As part of our energetic team, you will be accountable for the developing the fundraising strategy and goals for the organization. Specifically you will:
- Manage and grow a million-dollar plus donor portfolio from a variety of sources
- Develop strategies for the effective stewardship and solicitation of corporate and foundation partners
- Work closely with CEO and other stakeholders on fundraising and donor stewardships as appropriate
- Work collaboratively across all teams to develop partnerships that increase brand recognition, digital and social media reach, thought leadership profile and donor and volunteer engagement
- Develop and oversee the donor journey and stewardship strategy for donors
- And much more! See full job description for details.
WHAT YOU CAN OFFER
- 5-10 years of professional fundraising experience, with corporate partner experience a must
- Strong understanding of fundraising principles, partnerships and major gifts and the importance of donor relationship building
- Expertise with fundraising databases (ideally Salesforce) to maximize donor management and revenue
- Ability to write effective proposals and communication pieces for qualified prospects and existing donors with a track record in personally soliciting and closing gifts in the $10K to $500K range
- Astute, professional and able to take donors through the full donor journey/cycle
- Sound knowledge of the Canadian not-for-profit sector and a social justice orientation
- Fluency in French and additional languages is an asset, English is required
- Lived experience of the intersecting challenges that our clients face is an asset
- CFRE certification is an asset
- See full job description for more details.
HOW WE WORK
Currently serving clients in four provinces, Up With Women/Exponenti'elles is a team of passionate, innovative professionals, most with lived experience of the intersecting issues of poverty. We are flexible, pro-parent, pro-mental health, pro-human, and we are proud to be building a healthy and fun workplace together. Up With Women/Exponenti'elles hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community. We especially welcome applications from members of racialized groups, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientations and gender identities and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. We are committed to achieving full accessibility for persons with disabilities by arranging for any necessary accommodation. We are committed to work-life flexibility and there is an opportunity to work remote/hybrid, though this role requires significant time in Toronto, where the critical mass of our funders reside. Up With Women/Exponenti'elles provides a 35 hour work week, birthdays off, and other benefits. Details of your work are to be established between you and your Supervisor.
Salary Range: $85,000 - $105,000
If this sounds like the role for you, please read more and apply here!