Company:ClaimsPro LP Administrative Assistant (Markham, ON)
Loss Adjusting is a fast-paced, complex field of insurance with no 2 files quite the same. Whether it be a home fire, a fender-bender, or an injury caused by a major accident, the ClaimsPro team determines coverage, legal liability, and settles claims with excellent customer service.
ClaimsPro relies on their Administrative Assistants to support the branch staff and producers in the delivery of quality service to our clients. The key focus of the position is to provide effective and efficient administrative support within a fast-paced environment. The position duties include typing, computer work on our internal software program and MS Office, file coordination and filing, reception duties and may also provide other administrative and clerical support to various branch staff. Other duties as may be required.
- Set up and preparation of new claims assignments to internal adjusters in accordance with predetermined KPI's and client guidelines
- A positive, ?can do? attitude and customer service approach ensuring all inquiries are effectively dealt with in a timely manner
- Professional telephone manner and excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to problem solve and work well independently and in a team environment
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to re-prioritize tasks and manage time effectively
- Team player and excellent interpersonal skills with ability to interact with all individuals in all levels within the organization
- Ability to work well under pressure and maintain composure in a fast paced and changing environment
- Maintaining applicable information and data entry within internal claims management software.
- Sending appropriate client acknowledgements, confirmations and correspondences to clients, claimants, legal representatives and parties involved on various claim files
- Transcribing data from source documents following generally standardized procedures using coding skills and some judgement for review by the adjuster
- Transcribing reports and statements when required
- Processing client invoicing for claims and prepare files for closure
- Administrative support to the administrative supervisor, district/branch manager, assistant branch manager and property supervisor as needed
- Coordinating and arranging various appointments for adjusters in addition to handing both incoming/outgoing phone inquiries
- Reception relief answer phones and forward calls in a timely, professional, and efficient manner
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Experience :
A post-secondary diploma preferably in Office Administration
- Experience in an administrative support environment would be an advantage
- Demonstrated ability to manage changing priorities and proven organizational skills
- Demonstrated behaviors showing initiative behaviors and follow-up skills
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Demonstrated professionalism and work ethic
- Proven ability to contribute to and work well within a team environment
- Intermediate experience with Word, and strong Excel skills are required
- All other computer applications -must have the aptitude and ability to learn as required
- All prospective employees must pass a background check
SCM Insurance Services and affiliates welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates throughout the recruitment and assessment process.