Job Description :
This position is responsible for assisting in the coordination and execution of a broad range of marketing and communication activities for the Department including assisting at community events, monitoring, posting and updating traveller on-street communication materials and assisting with general marketing and customer communication updates for the Department.
- Assists with the development and distribution of communication materials and marketing campaigns.
- Completes industry research, as required, for marketing and customer service needs.
- Maintains an inventory of engagement, marketing, and communication materials.
- Assists with maintaining Department image gallery and helps to coordinate photography, as required.
- Assists in the preparation of and participation in community and business events.
- Assists in the coordination and development of presentations, as requested.
- Provides administrative support and assistance.
- Successful completion of a Community College diploma in Communications, Marketing, Business Administration, or related field or approved equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum one (1) year demonstrated experience assisting in the coordination and implementation of marketing and communication activities, including the preparation, participation, and presentation of programs at various community events and promotions.
- Knowledge of marketing principles and practices.
- Knowledge of general office procedures.
- Demonstrated ability in the Region's core competencies.
- Advanced skills in virtual platforms, MS Office Suite, and relevant software programs.