The Archdiocese of Ottawa-Cornwall is a catholic organization that includes 130 parishes. It is currently building its brand-new Communications and Mission Promotion Department to support these parishes and the Archdiocese’s work. We are looking for an excellent communicator who is fluent in French and English to fill the position of Communications Coordinator.
- Provide direct support to the Director of Communications and Mission Promotion.
- Assist parishes and diocesan departments in implementing their communication strategies
- Develop, write, and edit both internal and external marketing and communications materials, including, but not limited to, press releases, newsletters, email messages, blog posts and social media content
- Update website, social media platforms as required
- Ensure that all communications and marketing material align with brand standards
- Promote communications and marketing materials through appropriate social channels
- Track analytics and create reports detailing successes and failures of communications campaigns and Mission encounters
- Maintain digital media archives including photos and videos
- Work with communications team members to implement communications strategies and campaigns
- Perform outreach to press outlets, magazines, influencers and build strategic partnerships to grow brand notoriety
- Assist with press conferences and Mission encounter planning
- Coordinate the work of volunteers and vendors to support the work of the department
- Assist with media monitoring and provide briefing notes
- Stay up to date on industry trends and make recommendations for adjustments to communications strategies and practices
- Must be a practicing Roman Catholic in good standing, and must know, profess and act consistently in accordance with the doctrinal and moral teachings of the Catholic Church.
- Fluently bilingual (oral and written) French and English
- Bachelor’s degree or postsecondary diploma in communication, journalism, marketing, digital media and related fields or acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ideally 2+ years of experience in a communications or marketing role
- Exceptional writing and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience managing several priorities and projects at a time
- Flexible and able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Customer-oriented with superior problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of current communications, public relations and marketing best practices
- Proficiency using basic Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and familiarity with Microsoft Office 365.
- Experience with audio/video production, including livestreaming
- Capability of quickly learning a variety of software programs and applications
- Excellent attention to detail and solid copyediting and proofreading skills
- Knowledge of Adobe PhotoShop and Creative is an asset
- Experience in photography and photo editing is an asset
- Knowledge of email marketing software and experience running digital campaigns is an asset
WORK CONDITIONS AND LOCATION
- 1209 Michael Street, Ottawa, ON
- Full time 37.5 hours per week
- Permanent contract
- Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m (including a 30-minute unpaid lunch break)
- Extended periods of sitting
- Occasional telecommuting upon pre-approval of the line manager
WHAT WE OFFER
- Benefits after 3 months
- Pension plan after 6 months
- Casual work environment
- Occasional telework with preapproval from the line manager
- Free parking
- Office closure during Christmas celebrations
HOW TO APPLY
Send a cover letter and resume indicating your name and the position title in the subject line. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Under section 24(1)(a) of the Ontario Human Rights Code, the Archdiocese of Ottawa-Cornwall has the right to give preference in employment to Roman Catholic applicants.
In compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), the Archdiocese of Ottawa-Cornwall provides reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If contacted for an interview, applicants should make any accommodation needs known at that time.
August 8, 2022