Date Posted: 07/18/2022
Req ID: 25908
Faculty/Division: School of Management
Department: Joseph L. Rotman School of Management
Campus: St. George (Downtown Toronto)
Position Number: 00036211
The Rotman School of Management is part of the University of Toronto, a global centre of research and academic excellence at the heart of Canada's commercial and financial capital. Rotman is a catalyst for transformative learning, insights and public engagement, bringing together diverse views and initiatives around a defining purpose: to create value for business and society. We make a fundamental promise - Here's where it changes - to our students, our partners and the broader community. Everyone at Rotman, faculty and staff, plays a role in bringing that promise to life.
The Rotman Full-Time MBA is Canada's leading MBA programand has a proud history of pushing the boundaries of management education. With approximately 300 graduates each year, the Full-Time MBA team supports the country's largest and most internationally diverse MBA program. The Full-Time MBA brings together a world-class research faculty with a core focus on incisive critical thinking, creativity and innovation, self development and leadership. The Full-Time MBA team is responsible for all aspects of the program from recruitment and admissions, financial aid, student engagement, registrarial services, and career services.
The Program and Events Coordinator will be responsible for the planning and implementation of events and other recruitment activities (MBA fairs, tours, presentations, panels, on-site visits, open houses etc.) that support our marketing, recruiting and general outreach activities and will be involved in direct mail, email and social media campaigns.
Your responsibilities will include:
Coordinating the schedule for program and event calendars
- Determining logistical details and activities for events and/or programming
- Conducting post-event evaluation, analysis and recommendations for changes
- Serving asa resource to others by providing (non-supervisory) job-related guidance to Grad Ambassadors and students.
- Implementing social media campaigns to promote/market events to targeted audiences.
Bachelor's Degree or acceptable combination of equivalent experience. Formal education in event planning is required.
- Minimum three years' relevant work experience in event planning and program delivery.
- Knowledge or some experience in direct mail marketing or email marketing required.
- Comfortable working with databases and excellent customer service experience required.
- Excellent project coordination and event management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong customer service orientation
- Must be able to multi-task;
- Demonstrates sound judgement under pressure ans stress, as well as the maturity and pose required to interact with mature MBA prospects.
- A team player with sensitivity to various levels of expectation from prospects, faculty, staff and suppliers.
Education in marketing and communications and the use of social media.
To be successful in this role you will be:
- Problem solver
Closing Date: 07/26/2022, 11:59PM ET
Employee Group: USW
Appointment Type: Budget - Continuing
Pay Scale Group & Hiring Zone:
USW Pay Band 09 - $60,006 with an annual step progression to a maximum of $76,739. Pay scale and job class assignment is subject to determination pursuant to the Job Evaluation/Pay Equity Maintenance Protocol.
Job Category: Hospitality
Recruiter: Diane A Hughes
Lived Experience Statement
Candidates who are members of Indigenous, Black, racialized and 2SLGBTQ+ communities, persons with disabilities, and other equity deserving groups are encouraged to apply, and their lived experience shall be taken into consideration as applicable to the posted position.