Do you want to work for an award-winning company? Bits In Glass was voted Canada's 2019 & 2020 Great Places to Work, the Denver Business Journal Best Places to Work two years in row, recognized as one of Canada's Top Employers in 2020 and several other awards for MuleSoft, Appian and Blue Prism.
Bits In Glass or ?BIG' is a great place for energetic IT Professionals to work and grow. As a high growth firm, we have ample opportunity for advancement and our company culture is based on getting the job done while having fun!
BIG is looking for an Appian Developer who will deliver successful projects by providing skilled technical consulting, training and leadership in complex environments. As an Appian Developer at Bits In Glass, you will have project experience with software development and consulting in Enterprise environments. As a team member, you will work directly with project stakeholders throughout the entire life cycle of projects to define, design, and implement solutions on Appian. You will leverage your experience to become a key contributor to our growing Appian practice. As an Appian Developer, you will participate in Agile team work using the SCRUM methodology.
- Work with key client stakeholders to define business processes
- Provide leadership for Appian projects as a technical specialist
- Gather functional and technical system requirements
- Implement BPM based solutions using Appian BPM software
- Design and implement complex enterprise integrations with industry standard technologies: Oracle DBMS, LDAP, Active Directory, and more
- Drive BPM adoption within client organizations by empowering client resources to become self-sufficient with building process applications on their own
- Assist clients in identifying other business process opportunities in which the Appian software could provide a solution
- Contribute to the Appian practice at Bits In Glass by sharing methods and best practices
- Mentor junior team members as required
- 2 years of experience working with Appian BPM OR 3-5 years related experience working 3-5 years related experience in a consulting position
- 3-5 years of specialized experience in software delivery or software development (Java/JEE preferred)
- Experience with configuration, deployment, and testing of enterprise software applications
- Strong communication and presentation skills - ability to perform Business Analyst functions as required
- Strong problem solving and design skills
***This role requires up to 35-40% travel within Canada and the United States. As a result, we will only be considering NAFTA compliant candidates at this time. Must be a citizen of Canada, the United States or Mexico.
BIG offers a competitive total compensation plan including an annual bonus and ESOP program as well as healthcare benefits and professional development budget.
BIG is a high growth Cloud Consulting firm with offices in Edmonton, Calgary, Toronto, Denver and Dallas. Our clients are in Canada and the US. We are a team of experienced IT professionals who specialize in providing business value to organizations looking at leveraging modern platforms such as Appian, MuleSoft and Blue Prism. Our vast experience in the IT industry and our current track record in enterprise software development, allow us to provide a full range of services to our clients. Bits In Glass helps organizations of all sizes to automate their businesses and leverage the power of the web and mobile technologies.