Job ID: 211492
Location Name: ON-FSC Toronto Off (0581)
Address: 5560 Explorer Drive, 2nd Floor, Toronto, ON L4W 5M3, Canada (CA)
Job Type: Full Time
Position Type (Regular/Temporary): Contract
Job Function: Human Resources
Is This Position Eligible for Remote?: Remote, based out of Toronto or Quebec area
At Sephora Canada, we're passionate about finding and sharing beauty in the world. Our constant innovation, our ability to see and lead trends, and our focus on providing an outstanding customer experience make us the most-loved beauty community and top of mind for every Canadian. We find beauty in our communities, in our differences, our experiences, and in the spirit of our employees.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The HR Specialist provides administrative and functional support to the field HR organization supporting field engagement, disability management, culture, talent, HR analytics, and organizational initiatives. They will also provide functional support and guidance to French speaking stores on all aspects of Human Resources including retention, employee relations, policy interpretation, health & safety and performance management. They will provide Canadian support across all provinces within the retail scope and should have working knowledge of in provincial labour laws and practices. This role works closely with Regional HR Managers by providing administrative support in key functional areas. They will also work closely with the District Managers supporting the French speaking markets.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Execute people strategies related to the Employee Journey that align to the field business initiatives;
- Identify opportunities to improve/streamline current processes and practices and lead change.
- Ensure alignment and consistent execution of HR initiatives and support the cascade and roll out of major HR programs
- Support the HR team with administrative and communication support for key initiatives and projects
HR Administrative Tasks
- Support field inquiries related to Human Resources. Support confirmation of employment requests, address changes, pay statement review/requests, ROEs, end of year forms.
- Metric Analysis - support the HR team with quantitative/qualitative analysis in support of key initiatives including performance management, availability guidelines, performance appraisals, career development, employee engagement, LOA management, and turnover.
- Support Sephora's succession planning process; coordinate and participate in succession planning meetings and ensure development plans are created and executed on an ongoing basis.
- Support the annual performance appraisal process for both salaried and hourly employees by ensuring content is cascaded accurately and rolled up in a proactive and timely manner.
- Review all internal employee relations concerns as they first come forward.
- Support with initial review of inquiries and responses to employees and escalating for HR Manager support as required.
- French speaking market:
- Guide, train, and direct on the interpretation and execution of policies and processes to ensure compliance and a positive employee experience.
- Ensure legal compliance with applicable provincial Employment Standards legislation and Human Rights.
- Investigate and resolve all employee relations complaints and concerns in accordance with company guidelines and open-door policy.
- Support Loss Prevention investigations with appropriate HR advice, documentation, and counsel.
Leave of Absence (LOA) Administration
- Support store leaders and HR Managers with leave approvals and accommodation plans
- Educate stores on importance of LOA compliance
- Quarterly metrics analysis, review of trends and themes with HR Managers
Health & Safety
- Ensure stores consistently follow the corporate Health and Safety program and all relevant guidelines incl. required trainings and monthly Health and Safety joint committee meetings.
- Liaise with store leaders on workers' compensation claims management and return to work programs
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- Bilingual with strong communication skills in both English and French.
- Degree in the field of Human Resource Management.
- 1-2 year of experience with administrative experience, desirably within HR.
- 2-3 years of experience in providing analytical support and presenting findings in a concise and actionable manner
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to draw meaningful findings from large datasets
- Proficiency needed in working with Microsoft Office, Excel spreadsheets, databases, and data manipulation
- Well organized with ability to managing multiple priorities within a fast paced and deadline-oriented environment
- Ability to maintain a high level of integrity in handling confidential and sensitive information
- Ability to travel and visit the retail store environment on a regular basis.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Adaptable, team player and able to lead and influence others
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Constant role model for Sephora's principles-based culture and core values which include expertise, innovation, teamwork, passion, initiative, respect and balance.
WHY YOU'LL LOVE WORKING HERE:
- You'll be part of a unique culture and family of passionate and inspiring individuals.
- You'll work alongside the best talent in the industry - people you'll be proud to work with.
- You'll have access to the global community of luxury group LVMH (Louis Vuitton Moët Hennessy) for endless career opportunities.
- You'll have the opportunity to be part of a community that drives meaningful social and environmental change and receive matching donations to support your charitable giving.
- Benefits you can mix and match, depending on your needs.
- Employee Assistance Program services for those times you need extra support.
- Holidays, time off, summer hours and flexibility to support work-life balance.
- And of course, there's our incredible swag - free product gifts throughout the year and tons of discounts with our brand partners.
This position requires that the employee be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to commencing employment and that they agree to obtain any future required boosters or vaccinations as recommended by the government of Canada or the health authorities of the province in which you would be working and in accordance with Sephora Vaccination Policy. If you are not able to obtain a COVID-19 vaccine for a reason related to a protected ground of discrimination under applicable human rights legislation, you can request accommodation from Sephora.
SEPHORA has been changing the face of prestige cosmetics since its debut in 1970s Paris. Sephora was acquired by luxury group Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton (LVMH) in 1997 then launched stateside in 1998, and is currently home to 200 world-class brands - including its own private label, SEPHORA COLLECTION. Sephora's curated assortment features more than 14,000 products including makeup, skin care, perfume, hair care, body, professional tools and more. Sephora is the beauty education hub, offering consultations at the Beauty Studio, a variety of complimentary classes, one-on-one service from Personal Beauty Advisors, and exclusive retail technology SKINCARE IQ, COLOR IQ, and FRAGRANCE IQ. Sephora is an international force in beauty, and its award-winning website and ever-growing presence on social-media make it the world's premier digital beauty destination.