Region Manager-Western Canada Mountain West
Precision Planting is a leading provider of planting, seeding and harvest technology in the Precision Ag Industry. We design innovative products that solve yield-robbing issues for farmers. We are seeking a highly motivated individual to serve as a Region Manager for Precision Planting. This individual will work remotely in territory and manage the independent owner dealer network with no direct employee reports. This is an exciting and challenging role that allows you to apply your experience in the sales, business development and technical support field to drive sales growth, build and support to our dealer network.
- Develop growth and product penetration strategies and tactics to grow Precision Planting sales in the specified region.
- Find and enlist new dealers to ensure market coverage
- Train, develop, and support existing dealers to grow sales and service capability
- Consult dealer's businesses to grow Precision Planting's sales
- Plan, manage, and attend farm shows and other marketing functions to build product and brand awareness
- Utilize data analysis tools to develop effective sales strategies
- Plan, facilitate, and present at meetings and field days of 10 - 100 attendees throughout the year.
- Manage and develop approximately 10-20 dealer accounts
- Develop strong relationships with key customer and dealer accounts
- Increase dealer engagement in selling and service activities related to Precision Planting
- Effectively communicate sales and marketing initiatives to dealers
- Manage dealer training certifications
- Establish and execute inventory management and replenishment plans with dealers.
- Effectively manage distribution channel conflict to maximize sales while maintaining strong relationships with dealers and growers
- Understand and promote enterprise business strategies that support long term vision for the company
- Gain channel buy-in to product distribution strategies
- Achieve alignment with dealers and corporate strategy to ensure sales and service success
- Provide product demonstration presentations, planter maintenance presentations, and other presentations as needed by dealer team.
- Provide order support for specific region during selling season
- Provide technical (level 1) support during operational seasons
- Assist with sales support, order placement, order tracking or other administrative tasks
- Travel to dealer locations, farm shows, and other events is required and varies by territory
- Territory is defined as provinces of Saskatchewan (partial), Alberta, and British Columbia agricultural crop acreage areas
- Travel can range from 50% to 75% based on territory and season
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent experience, in Agriculture or Business studies or other degree with agriculture experience.
- 3+ years' experience in sales/account management or 1+ years working in the agriculture industry
- Ability to understand and communicate technical information, troubleshooting and theory of operation to dealers and customers
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal (presentations to audiences of 20-60 is common)
- Highly self-motivated
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Experience in local Agriculture or Precision Agriculture sales positions is strongly desired
AGCO is an equal opportunity employer.