HR Analytics Consultant, Enterprise Data & Analytics - ( 220002IY )
Grow with the best. Join a smart, creative, and inspired team that accomplishes operational excellence. Bringing together individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and expertise, our 25,000 team members in over 400 locations worldwide are vital to making our Company stronger.
Are you obsessed over human resources data, helping organizations make decisions based on your insights, stories, and strategies? Are you interested in driving business results for a global architecture and engineering design firm that is ranked as one of the most sustainable companies in the world? Are you ready to be a part of a new team within our Business Experience group entirely focused on empowering the organization with data and insights? Then we are looking for you.
Our people are at the core of everything we do. Driven by a culture of inclusion and diversity, we offer dozens of employee resource groups, growth opportunities, competitive benefits, and flexible work arrangements-this position can be located anywhere in the United States or Canada. We understand that the tools for success look different for everyone, and we are committed to providing each employee with the support and flexibility they need to thrive.
The HR Analytics Consultant is a creative and innovative thinker with an ability to translate data into simple insights and actionable recommendations. This person understands the journey that an employee undertakes in a professional services firm, and has knowledge of the human resource management domain.
You will measure, analyze and report on Stantec's efforts to provide an amazing experience to its employees, and provide actionable insights to improve that experience to senior leaders throughout the organization.
This role will have exposure to the entire insight-to-action lifecycle, being primarily responsible for engaging with the business to understand opportunities to better leverage data, understanding where in our system landscape data is generated, stored and made available for use, and working with team members to generate key insights.
Stantec offers a flexible work environment with hybrid work from home options and we are open for this role to be based out of any posted location.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Analyzing business processes to understand key decisions required and ideal methods of delivering insights against those decisions.
- Work with stakeholders to mature insights requested from report generation to actionable recommendations.
- Translating insights required by the business into technical requirements for data movement and data modelling to support adhoc reporting and analysis.
- Develop interim reports and insights using low-code technologies.
- Work with technical team members to understand data coming from source systems.
- Work with business representatives to interpret data from source systems and understand data usage considerations and constraints.
- Increase data literacy with key business partners.
- Consults with Human Resources and other business partners to develop on-going report requirements.
- Research and understand market trends in Human Resource Analytics.
- Formulate and estimate a plan with business and functional analysts to solution given a set of requirements.
- Contribute to a cross-functional data team integrating data related to the employee journey and experience.
- Support end users in understanding how to best leverage solutions developed.
- Support formal user acceptance testing activities such as test case creation, execution, and issue resolution.
- Develop your craft as an analyst as you work with our team and our business to understand their challenges and work with them to build effective, sustainable, and valued solutions.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Able to relate decision points in a business process to the insights and data necessary to guide the process.
- Strong understanding of HR business function.
- Strong organizational, time management, problem solving, and analytical skills.
- Detail-oriented with high-degree of critical thinking.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Excellent team player demonstrated by being held accountable to other team members while also holding other team members to their tasks.
Education and Experience
- 3-5 years of hands-on professional development experience in soliciting business requirements as part of a cross-discipline team.
- Deep familiarity with standard HR practices, capabilities and processes.
- Demonstrated experience in analyzing business processes to identify critical decisions and insights required.
- Experience in test planning, preparation, and execution.
- Understanding and experience working with agile development practices.
- Excellent knowledge of standard concepts, best practices, and procedures within a data analytics environment.
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize and present insights and analytics generated into a cohesive story.
- Experience with finance and project related data would be an asset.
- Experience using tools such as Oracle Data Visualizer or Power BI is desirable.
- Experience with leveraging data from ERPs, particularly Oracle, is highly desirable.
- Familiarity with Jira or Confluence would be an asset.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Alberta-Edmonton
Other Locations : Canada-Ontario-Toronto, Canada-Alberta-Calgary, Canada-British Columbia-Vancouver
Job : Application and Systems Administration
Organization : BC-1310 Business Experience-Canada
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Jul 14, 2022, 4:52:26 AM
Req ID: 220002IY
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans