Lightspeed is a dynamic, innovative and fast-paced global technology company. We're helping to shape the future at Lightspeed by building an unparalleled People & Culture (P&C) team. Reporting to the Sr. Director of Talent Operations, Systems & Insights, you will get the opportunity to manage our Talent Systems & Operations projects that contribute to our exciting technology transformation roadmap!
Projects will span the gamut from supporting our talent technology roadmap to operational improvement and efficiencies, to building out larger organizational system change plans and more. The ideal candidate possesses the desire to work on a variety of projects simultaneously, is obsessed with technology automation, loves details, and is a great communicator and collaborator.
What you'll be responsible for
Own and lead the planning of company wide Talent Systems and Operational Effectiveness projects and initiatives derived from our Talent Strategy and OKRs, with key Workday and technology deliveries:
- Workday Change Management Guidelines
- M&A Integrations
- Compensation Cycle planning
- Performance Management Cycle planning
- Benefit Enrollment Cycle planning
- Time Off and Leave enhancements planning
- Employee Survey planning
This will involve:
- [Partner] Advocate for and partner with P&C Teams:
- P&C Leadership
- Talent Acquisition
- Talent & Capability
- Total Rewards
- People Partnership
- Talent Operations, Systems and Insights
- [Plan] Understand key projects and scope, building plans, deliverables, communication strategies, setting schedules, key milestones and deadlines, and reviewing critical dependencies
- [Track] Work, schedule and follow-up with technical stakeholders to:
- Prioritize and align delivery of technology projects and broader impact assessment/management
- Monitor project progress
- [Communicate] Coordinate with the business/all stakeholders (globally) and keep them informed of progress, for example:
- Manage Change Advisory Board and Change Advisory Network
- Ensure alignment across other departments on cross-functional projects; ensuring we've gathered appropriate requirements and maintain strong stakeholder relationships and expectations (Payroll, FP&A, Accounting, IT, Legal, Internal Communications, etc.)
- Report on progression
- [De-risk] Proactively manage risk and mitigations, and plan for training, documentations and knowledge-base
- [Complete] Conduct project reviews and retrospectives to improve for future projects:
- Optimize and improve processes and the overall approach where necessary.
- Contribute to the P&C knowledge base and information provided to employees as well as P&C team members.
Manage other ad-hoc requests as required by management to support the P&C department.
What you'll be bringing to the team
- 5+ years of HR project, program management, HR Generalist role or the equivalent
- Ability to work in a high accountability, high pressure and fast paced environment where quick decision making and change agility skills are an everyday occurrence
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- High collaboration and excellent relationship-building skills
- A strong focus on process improvement and scalable operations
- Stellar time management and organization skills
- Ability to manage multiple mandates under tight deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Recognized knack for problem-solving
- Comfort with systems and tools (ServiceNow, Monday, Workday, Intranet, GSuite)
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel
Even better if you have, but not necessary:
- Experience with HR Systems implementations
- Experience with M&A, due diligence and/or integrations
- PMP Certification
- Certification from International Scrum Institute
- People management skills
What's in it for you?
Come live the Lightspeed experience...
- Ability to do your job in a truly flexible environment;
- Genuine career opportunities in a company that's creating new jobs everyday;
- Work in a team big enough for growth but lean enough to make a real impact.
... and enjoy a range of benefits that'll keep you happy, healthy and (not) hungry:
- Lightspeed share scheme (we are all owners)
- Unlimited paid time off policy
- Flexible working policy
- Health insurance as of day one
- RRSP employer contribution
- Health and wellness benefit of $500 per year
- Paid and flexible parental leave for new parents
- Virtual healthcare and mental health platform with a wide range of services
- Learning and development opportunities, including LinkedIn Learning license
- Employee technology purchase program
- Paid volunteer day
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you're proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal's gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Powering the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy, Lightspeed's one-stop commerce platform helps merchants innovate to simplify, scale, and provide exceptional customer experiences. Our cloud commerce solution transforms and unifies online and physical operations, multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions, and connection to supplier networks.
Founded in Montréal, Canada in 2005, Lightspeed is dual-listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: LSPD) and Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: LSPD). With teams across North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific, the company serves retail, hospitality, and golf businesses in over 100 countries.