Bring your excellent communication and organizational skills to our team as a Senior Administrative Assistant in the College's Professional Liability Program (PLP) department.
PLP administers the College's malpractice insurance program for all current and former RCDSO members. This includes claims, insurance and risk management.
You will be responsible for providing administrative/clerical support on claims and internal PLP department matters.
You are a dynamic self-starter who can function in a demanding, fast-paced environment. You are extremely organized, possess excellent communication skills and have a keen eye for detail, with a focus on achieving excellence.
This position is working remotely until further notice.
What can I expect to do in this role?
- Provide administrative support by preparing, drafting, and formatting correspondence for the assigned advisor; communicate with internal and external parties on behalf of the advisor (i.e. members, experts, external defense counsel, reinsurer and College staff)
- Oversee calendar management, including monitoring and/or managing the advisor(s) Outlook calendar. This includes arranging internal and external meetings, responding to changing priorities; and the preparation of supporting material
- Facilitate case file management, including processing and triaging correspondence in accordance with internal guidelines; review upcoming deadlines and work requirements with the team; manage the flow of work to the advisor (such as documents for review/signature); generate claim history, calculate appropriate deductibles and prepare the deductible request for advisor approval
- Assume responsibility for preparing and compiling case materials for the PLP Committee including requests for settlement authority, requests for waiver/reduction of deductibles and trial instructions, etc.
- Manage case management system updates, including entering important dates (mediation, settlement conferences, pre-trial and trial etc.); reviewing incoming/outgoing materials and determining appropriate bring forward dates; maintaining and updating case contacts information in PLP's case management system
- Perform accounting-related tasks, including processing incoming settlements, legal and expert fees payment requests while ensuring requests meet department requirements; contacting external stakeholders for proper documentation when deficient; complete payment and invoice requisitions
- Support the department manager and administrator with other functions as assigned
- Provide backup support to law clerks as required
- Other duties as assigned What skills and background do I need?
The Senior Administrative Assistant requires:
- Completion of a two- to three-year community college program
- Minimum of three years' legal administrative experience, preferably in insurance, medical malpractice and/or personal injury law
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office; knowledge of case management systems (particularly MS Dynamics 365) is an asset
- Excellent written/oral communications with a keen eye for detail, including strong typing skills and the ability to prepare correspondence using dictation equipment
- Ability to execute a high volume of work quickly, autonomously and accurately within a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency when working under pressure to meet competing deadlines; demonstrated proactivity when executing tasks
- Demonstrated excellent client service experience
- Natural curiosity to ask questions, review research, look at data and find evidence
- Relying on best practices, data, research and/or evidence in making informed decisions
- Ability to collaborate effectively within a team environment
- Knowledge of medical/dental terminology is an asset
- Proficiency in French is an asset Compensation and Benefits
- Base annual salary between $55,872 to $62,855 commensurate with experience
- Competitive vacation plan and comprehensive benefits package
- Pension Plan
- Voluntary TFSA* and RRSP* How do I apply?
To apply to this vacancy please submit your resume and cover letter describing why you are interested in this position online at our Careers Webpage located at: https://www.rcdso.org/en-ca/about/careers by July 19, 2022 at 5 pm.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, our recruitment process will be conducted remotely.
Thank you for your interest; only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Royal College of Dental Surgeons is an inclusive