Overview / vue gÃ©nÃ©rale :
King Edward Hotel
With its rich history, timeless elegance, and modern hospitality, the Omni King Edward Hotel has been a favourite of both locals and visitors for over 110 years. Located in the heart of downtown Toronto, this landmark hotel is just steps away from a wealth of diverse restaurants, tourist hotspots, and shopping centres. It's no wonder the Omni King Edward is the perfect destination for business and leisure travellers alike.
The Omni King Edward Hotel's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni King Edward Hotel may be your perfect matchJob Description / description de l'emploi :
The Administrative Assistant provides executive support on all matters pertaining to the office of the General Manager and Operations Managers. They will handle all administrative duties as required by all parties as necessary, while ensuring that day to day operations run smoothly.Qualifications / qualifications :
- Proven administration experience or related areas (Minimum of 3 years).
- Education: College Degree preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Strong typing and note taking skills.
- Knowledge of office systems and procedures.
- Proficient in MS Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook), and social media platforms.
- Strong computer skills with good aptitude with various software and able to learn new systems.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with all stakeholders both internal and external (associates, guests, corporate office, vendors, condo residents and retail tenants).
- Emotional maturity and ability to handle complex and highly confidential information.
- Demonstrated proactive approach to problem solving with a strong sense of urgency to meeting deadlines.
- Must be flexible, able to multitask and able to handle any additional tasks as assigned. Responsibilities / responsabilitÃ©s:
- Provides administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the office.
- Handles a broad variety of administrative tasks including but not limited to: filing, typing, copying, binding, scanning, managing the calendar of appointments, completing expense reports, composing and preparing correspondence, arranging business travel plans, itineraries and preparing documents for travel-related meetings.
- Works closely and effectively with the GM to keep him well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
- Communicates with internal and/or external parties to direct or address inquiries/requests.
- Fields calls from guests, suppliers and redirects to appropriate department for prompt response.
- Work closely with Loyalty Ambassador, front office team and prepares welcome letters/ cards/ correspondence to VIP guests, corporate clients from the GM.
- Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on issues and concerns addressed or escalated to the General Manager and Executive team, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Implements the appropriate course of action, referral, or response as instructed.
- Exhibits polite and professional communication via phone, e-mail and mail.
- Assists in the preparation and ensures timely submission of reports.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Maintains an orderly filing system for all documents, correspondence, and archive items.
- Records, compiles, transcribes and distribute minutes of meetings.
- Maintains guest relations files (e.g. praise and complaint letters).
- Coordinates the preparation of documents for signature: expense reports, PSA forms, cheques, and other documents and distributes in a timely and efficient manner.
- Keeps an updated and accurate record of gift certificates issued.
- Handles daily distribution of the mail.
- Reads and screens incoming correspondence and reports, makes preliminary assessment and forwards appropriate materials to the concerned department.
- Handles daily check deposit of accounts receivables.
- Ensures that office is well stocked with office supplies.
- Reviews, proofreads, and edits documents for signature.
- Assists in responding to Social Media reviews and follows up directly with guests as appropriate.
- Dispatches Medallia follow up items through Synergy to appropriate departments and follows up on ELMER tickets to ensure issues are addressed and open tickets are closed.
- Refers guest related issues dispatched by Corporate Customer Care to appropriate departments and follows up on resolution.
- Handles the redemption of gift certificates and facilitates bookings.
- Handles donation inquiries with Sales and Marketing and responds as appropriate.
- Completes projects and special assignments by setting up priorities, managing time, gaining cooperation of others, and monitoring the progress.
- Assists in Associates Events and gathers prizes for giveaways.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.