The Marketing Event Specialist is responsible for the planning, coordination, logistics and execution of Ross Video tradeshows and events globally. Ross attends over 100 such events a year, ranging from regional pop-up booths of 100sqft to major marquee shows up to 10,000sqft.
Working hand-in-hand with multiple teams in Ross, the role supports brand consistency, drives lead capture and led nurture, facilitates networking and customer/partner training (demonstrations, seminars, visuals, and speaking opportunities).
Who you report to: Event Marketing Manager
What we offer:
Ross offers competitive salaries and comprehensive health plans, as well as several perks to help you perform at your best.
Some of these perks include flexible hours, generous paid time off, fitness/wellness allowance, employee share ownership program, professional development support and a ton of fun social activities and events!
Best of all, you will be part of the Ross Video team, and we've got a pretty energizing environment here.
What the job is all about:
Under the supervision of the Event Marketing Manager, the Marketing Event Specialist will be responsible for:
- Coordination of all functions and aspects of an Event from space acquisition and selection to onsite execution
- Coordination and contract negotiation of all onsite services, while giving due consideration to facility constraints/rules and unions.
- Maintaining and distributing a display inventory for Regional Events.
- Maintaining Event Calendar
- Coordinating Event requirements using the Ross Request Process.
- Provide marketing support for before, during and after events as required using directories
- Coordinating, order, inventory management of staff clothing and promotional materials.
- Coordinating show rider insurance
- Event logistics including physically packing shipments, coordination of shipment, and creation of customs documentation
- Internal communication of pre-show Event details.
- Coordination of staff lists, flights and hotel room bookings for major Events.
- Staff the booth for the two major corporate tradeshows; IBC in September and NAB in April of each year
- Post Event tracking and follow up (costs, leads, improvements).
- Assisting other members of the Marketing team, as requested, in event promotion and social media
- Travel required for 15% of the role. Two major tradeshows annually each requiring travel for 2 consecutive weeks
- Requirement to set-up equipment and displays - involves lifting up to 50 lbs, reaching, bending, stooping, etc.
- Perform other related duties as required
- Event Coordination (CMP, CSEP, or CMM) or Marketing certification at a College level
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat
- Graphic Design an asset
- Social media skills an asset
- 2-3 years of experience in an Event Coordination role, working with multiple projects and the ability to meet specific deadlines
- Organized with a strong attention to detail
- Enthusiastic and able to work independently or as part of a team
- Ability to multi-task and take ownership
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong aptitude for learning
- Valid Driver's License and access to a vehicle for travel between Ottawa locations and/or Iroquois location
- Valid Passport Equity, Diversity & Inclusion
At Ross, we embrace diversity, and we want you to bring your authentic self to work. We are committed to building a team that includes a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Inclusivity drives innovation and creativity, and that's something we're passionate about at Ross! We believe everyone should be able to enjoy a rewarding career at Ross, regardless of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, veteran status, physical or mental disability. If a disability means that you need any additional support during the recruitment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.
Mandatory Covid-19 Vaccination Policy
At Ross, we put the health and safety of our employees and their families first. It is our responsibility to provide a safe work environment, and as such, we strongly encourage all employees globally to get vaccinated against Covid-19. As a global company, we understand that policies and legislations may vary from country to country. In certain jurisdictions, Ross has implemented a Mandatory Covid-19 Vaccine Policy for all employees and proof of vaccination may be required during the hiring process. If you have any questions or concerns regarding this policy, please reach out to the Talent Acquisition