MaxPeople is a professional Human Resources consulting firm offering HR, Training, Recruitment and Employment Law services to clients in need of an effective people strategy to grow their business. We provide services to small and mid-size organizations with the necessary Human Resources infrastructure and the employment law services required for growth.
About Our Client
Our client is a consulting engineering firm established in 1988 providing electrical and mechanical engineering services on commercial, industrial, retail, and residential projects of various sizes. Since their inception they have been committed to continued controlled growth through the expansion of technical resources. We have grown over the years as the need has arisen and the firm currently includes a staffing complement of more than 80.
The Administrative Assistant will assist the Partners with coordinating, creating, preparing, editing, and proofreading all fee proposals and promotional materials. Additionally, the Administrative Assistant will facilitate, manage, and coordinate office events, and provide backup support to the administration team.
What you'll be doing
- Type and format, reports, letters, memos, etc.
- Manage and review confidential and sensitive information.
- Create and edit promotional materials using Adobe InDesign.
- Follow an organized filing/document management process for electronic and paper documents in an efficient manner.
- Managing, coordinating, and planning office events such as luncheons, leagues, social activities, etc.
- Updating office policies and procedures.
- Assisting with office maintenance and operations.
- Effectively and efficiently manage constantly changing priorities related to internal and external projects.
- Assist in ensuring office supplies are appropriately stocked and coordinating supply orders as needed.
- Ensure the office is maintained and professional in appearance.
- Proofreading important documentation to ensure high quality.
- Acting as a backup to reception by answering and triaging calls, greeting visitors, and coordinating couriers.
Fee Proposals (Requests for Proposals/Quotes):
- Filing and organizing all fee proposal related documentation.
- Reviewing all calculations and ensuring accuracy.
- Maintaining and updating fee proposal excel sheet to track all fee proposal requests.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Logistics, Engineering, or another industry-related field required; MBA preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of construction industry related experience, including 5 years in Senior Management roles
- Extensive knowledge of the principles, procedures, and best practices in the industry, specifically Project Management principles and processes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership abilities.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
For consideration, please apply online. As part of our commitment to inclusivity, diversity, equity and accessibility, our goal is a workforce built on respect that reflects the communities we serve. We thank all applicants for their interest in MaxPeople but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are proud to be in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), 2005 and the Integrated Accessibility Standards Regulation. We are happy to honor accommodations at any part of the recruitment process and invite you to let us know how we can help.
Recognizing that the key contributor to their success is their people, Our client offers several benefits including a competitive employment package.