The ABM (Community) is responsible for the leadership of an assigned team of branch advisory employees (up to the Financial Advisor position) with the flexibility to work at a variety of branch locations within their assigned community. The ABM ensures current and potential members receive exceptional service by providing leadership, coaching and mentoring to direct reports. The ABM participates in goal setting, tracking branch results and monitoring quality of sales/service delivery targets; responsible for branch compliance/FINTAC audit rating; and manages the branch, within designated limits and authority, in the absence of the branch manager.
- Leadership: Provides leadership and direction to assigned branch advisory employees: conducts orientation and training as required. Prioritizes and balances workloads, conducts regular coaching/mentoring sessions, and is responsible for completing performance reviews. Builds and promotes a team environment, reinforces positive behavior, corrects performance and initiates disciplinary action, as required. Works to r esolve complex or escalated member issues .
- Annual Business Plan: Participates in the development and achievement of the annual business plan. Ensures team goals and targets are achieved; ensures employees receive the training and tools required to be successful. Participates in setting branch service delivery targets and inspires employees to provide exceptional service delivery to members.
- Business Development: Seeks opportunities to promote the branch and FW within the community by participating in community events and enhancing or developing new member relationships. Refers new contacts and potential sales opportunities to appropriate advisor.
- Financial Management: Ensures direct report's credit recommendations and/or approvals are in accordance with established policies. Approves credit application within established limits, as required.
- Risk Management: Investigates and resolves risk management security issues such as robbery or fraud. Acts as branch compliance officer and completes related legislative processes and procedures; communicates updates on legislative requirements to branch employees, as required
- Other duties as required by branch leadership
- Will be assigned to one or more branches within the community and required to travel between the branches
- May be assigned a portfolio of members and/or required to hold a Mutual Fund license
- Directly responsible for supervising professional or technical employees
- Bachelor's Degree in related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Mutual Fund License required depending on region
- Must complete the internal First West certification program specific to this role within the required timeframe
- PFP preferred
- Leadership Development courses preferred
- 4 years progressive experience in sales advisory roles within the financial services industry experience required
- Business development experience preferred
- Sales leadership and coaching experience preferred
- Demonstrated leadership attributes and/or experience coaching a sales team
- Demonstrated ability to recognize needs, identify appropriate products and build strong customer relationships
- Proven track record achieving or exceeding sales targets in retail lending and investment products and service
- Self-starter with ability to work independently and solve problems using common sense and sound judgment
- Demonstrated ability to be positive and flexible to change and work in a busy environment
- Proficient in computer software programs e.g. Microsoft Office and banking software programs
- Overnight travel may be occasionally required, up to 6 times per year
- Displays an understanding of risk and risk ownership by being able to demonstrate adherence to policies and procedures.