Event Sales & Services Coordinator
At the ocean's edge- a modern oasis, the Fairmont Pacific Rim is the most remarkable address in the city with its breathtaking harbour views, luxurious accommodation, rave-worthy cuisine and warm hospitality. Discover Fairmont Pacific Rim - and discover Vancouver as part of our rockstar team.
Summary of Responsibilities :
Reporting to the Director of Sales & Events, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
- Effectively responding to general inquiries on the telephone and in person, and directing them appropriately
- Work closely with Event Sales & Services Managers to ensure that a comprehensive knowledge of client files exists in order to respond to client needs in the absence of the manager
- Assist with wedding proposals as required
- Provide key departments with information on upcoming events on a daily basis
- Conduct site inspections: rooms, conference space and F&B outlets as requested
- Run weekly Opera reports and ensure the system is current and up to date; upkeep of Opera menus, resources, pricing and function diary
- Participate in the creation and completion of month end reports
- Organize all in-house functions
- Responsible for preparing and distributing the Function Sheets on a daily/weekly basis (including the prompt distribution of last minute changes to affected departments)
- Administrative duties such as mailing letters, preparing vouchers for F&B outlets, daily preparation of readerboard, prepare weekly minutes, prepare VIP Amenity Forms, print menu cards
- Timely execution of correspondence: drafting & turning contracts for Sales Managers, Thursday distribution of resumes, assist CSMs with proposals, contracts, event orders and PO's as needed
- To be Health & Safety conscious and actively involved in maintaining a safe work environment
- Uphold the highest standard of internal and external customer service at all times
- Perform any and all other tasks which are assigned by management
- Manage daily/weekly BEO meetings
- Minimum one year hotel work experience required
- Working knowledge of Opera, Word, Publisher, Meeting Matrix, Property Manager and Excel
- Strong knowledge of F&B operations and Banquet Services is required
- Proven ability to plan and organize events effectively, with an acute sense on detail
- Ability to manage several tasks simultaneously using strong time management and prioritization skills
- Ability to make high quality guest decisions and to perform under pressure
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
- Must be able to work independently and maintain a positive attitude within a very busy environment
- Hospitality diploma or degree an asset
- Professional telephone manner and a minimum typing speed of 50 wpm are required
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts-and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities-throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific-as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Why Work for Accor?
We are 300,000 experts committed to reinventing hospitality with unique and unrivalled experiences within our addresses. We're so much more than hotels- We are a worldwide Augmented Hospitality leader. We're creating innovative lifestyle experiences, whether you live, work or play. Blaze your own trail from 30+ hotel brands, restaurants, nightclubs, spas, co-working spaces, and tech start-ups.
To connect with us, please visit careers.accor.com.