DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The incumbent will provide a leadership role to plan, coordinate and execute special events for Durham College. The event coordinator will liaise with onsite service departments and offsite vendors to secure support and services. The incumbent will attend events to make sure things run smoothly and to trouble-shoot as problems arise. This position is responsible for planning multiple events and has a keen eye for detail and will be knowledgeable in the vision and values, programs and services of the college. The incumbent projects a polished and professional image of the college both internally and within the community.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide leadership, coordination and execution of corporate special events such as, convocations, scholarship ceremonies, government announcements, partnership announcements, building openings, faculty-driven events open to the public, and dignitary visits.
- Ensure all event related activities meet or exceed Durham College standards; such as preparing event plans, drafting agendas, ensuring remarks and scripts are aligned with key messages, booking facilities, arranging catering, coordinating the development, distribution and tracking of invitations, arranging for rentals, linens, decor and AV requirements.
- Prepare budget analysis for special events and coordinate external use of facilities as requested/required.
- Conduct appropriate evaluation and debriefs of event plans to determine their effectiveness in meeting objectives.
- Research, source and order promotional items that are appropriate for DC's target market and adhere to brand standards.
- Coordinate distribution of promotional items to other departments as required.
- Act as coordinator for employees/departments and provide support on loaning C+M materials appropriate for their event needs, including signage, media walls, tents, etc.
- A minimum of a three-year diploma or degree in Public Relations, Events Management, or Communications.
- Minimum five years of experience organizing and overseeing event planning, details and execution.
- Experience in a post-secondary environment is an asset.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work with minimal direction.
- Creative ability to solve problems and provide recommendations.
- Dependability, resourcefulness and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to strict timelines and able to coordinate efforts among several groups of people.
Payband H; Starting Rate: $33.05; Four Year Rate: $38.37
New Temporary Support Staff Position Opportunity: Initiatives/Opportunities Position (See Page 125 of the Support Staff Collective Agreement)
July 2022 - December 2022
Please apply below by submitting your cover letter and resume to the online portal. Job Competition closes on July 11, 2022. Competition number SS22-83.