Share in something more with a career at COBS Bread
2021 Top 50 Best Workplaces? in Canada by Great Place to Work®
When you work with COBS Bread, you're part of a workplace that is committed to providing you with an experience that will help you rise to any occasion. We're here to encourage you to grow, connect with your community, have fun with your team, and to share in something more. We've got exciting plans in place for you as a passionate, inquisitive and eager team player who wants to make an impact.
Your Role as In-Store Marketing and Sales Manager
Our Managers are leaders in the bakery and manage, motivate and inspire the sales team. They are experts in freshness, and in giving our customers a great in-bakery experience. Right now, we are looking for a personable In-Store Marketing and Sales Manager to share their love of freshness with our loyal customers, and to lead all bakery marketing initiatives.
What Your Day Looks Like
- Manage and work as part of a small team, providing an exceptional customer experience, and getting to know your regular, loyal customers
- Lead marketing initiatives, and execution of marketing campaigns to maximize sales opportunities
- Create, promote and execute engaging store events and social medial posts that engage with the local community
- Act as liaison with the corporate marketing team
- Responsible for merchandising product
- Work alongside your team to keep the bakery clean, and assist with production as needed. (Yep- you're going to learn how to do some baking!)
- Foster and encourage a positive environment that promotes teamwork, mutual respect and high performance
- Manage team development through training, coaching, and reviewing the teams performance
- Organize participation in local community events and donation of bread as part of our ?End of Day Giving' programI
Why You Were Bread for This
- You demonstrated outstanding customer service skills
- You are a bright, energetic individual who can help create a happy and vibrant workplace
- You are a great communicator, problem solver as well as a creative and critical thinker
- You have 1+ years' supervisory experience in a similar role, ideally in the food service or hospitality industry
- Experience leading successful retail marketing events and campaigns
- You have a basic knowledge of financial management skills, including cash management and banking.
- You are a capable people manager and leader with proven experience in recruitment, selection, retention, staff development and disciplinary procedures.
- Continuous standing/ walking for all tasks
- Constant use of both hands
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 7.5 kg., reaching below shoulder level, bending and turning
- Occasional lifting and carrying up to 22 kg, pushing, pulling, crouching, bending and reaching above shoulder levelans
Perks & What You'll Feel Good About
- Managing a small business of high performers in a fun work environment
- Our training program - Continue to develop your sales and leadership skills through our Bronze and Silver Sales Development Qualification program and our Gold Leadership Development program.
- Career advancement opportunities - We have a stake in helping passionate team members grow and have more impact in the business and community.
- Complimentary products on us every shift
- And more, including benefits for all full time employees
While we thank you for your interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
About COBS Bread
With over 130 locations, COBS Bread serves fresh and delightful baked goods to communities across Canada every day. Any unsold items are donated daily to various local charities and food banks. The company's success can be attributed to the quality of our product, the development of our people, and our warm and friendly customer service.
COBS Bread is part of Bakers Delight - Established in 1980 operating as Bakers Delight in Australia and New Zealand, and since 2003 as COBS Bread in Canada and the USA. Together we have grown to more than 700 bakeries across Australia, New Zealand, Canada and the USA. The entire network employs over 15,000 people, serving more than 2.1 million customers each week.
Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and employees with disabilities. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.