Join a global professional services leader. We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy, and urbanization. Job Description
GHD founded the GHD Digital business under a single vision: to help our clients transform their business, embrace the future and change communities for good. Our Digital Citizen Experience division focuses primarily on providing digital solutions to the municipal marketplace.
The Senior Proposal Writer role will be a pivotal team member that leads the effective proposal writing and presentation development tailored to municipal client Request for Proposals (RFP). This position requires a responsible, reliable professional who can manage aggressive deadlines while delivering quality work with a high level of detail.
This role can be performed remotely or from any GHD offices in Canada - Toronto, Waterloo, Mississauga, Vancouver, Edmonton, Ottawa. Responsibilities :
- Review RFP, RFI, RFQ and bid opportunities
- Customize proposal templates and responses based on specifications
- Write, develop and edit end-to-end proposal content for various RFPs/RFQs/RFIs
- Take ownership of the proposal document throughout the lifecycle and manage the timely creation of compelling proposal documentation facilitating inputs from various collaborators, such as, Account Executives, Solution Architects, Subject Matter Experts and Product Managers
- Work on multiple deadlines and schedules concurrently to maintain 100% on time proposal delivery
- Improve proposal quality, evaluating and re-designing processes and updating text drafted by subject matter experts (SMEs) insuring clear communication of technical concepts and detailed descriptions
- Meet proposal deadlines by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing when required, review, and approval; and coordinating requirements with contributors
- Enter and monitor tracking data, coordinate requirements with contributors
- Maintain the proposal response library by updating content and eliminating redundancies within Loopio, our RFP/RFI tool
- Manage repository and other proposal libraries as required in the Server library
- Find, analyze and synthesize written content from proposal libraries; revise and repurpose it for new efforts, ensuring the content is tailored to meet the solicitation requirements
- Work with SMEs to create thought-provoking content and develop new solutions to address gaps in existing content
- Understand detailed technical descriptions provided by SMEs, edit and redraft content to ensure continuity of strategic message and clarity around key points that align with clients' needs
- Support all efforts to increase proposal win rates
- Manage and ensure company brand guidelines throughout responses Qualifications:
- 3-5 years of relevant experience, creating customized written content for proposals, understanding of the proposal lifecycle, and content management. Experience complying with response, legal and compliance requirements.
- Familiarity with the web development industry and/or an ability to understand technical concepts and convey principles and concepts in a concise manner when working with a team of technical staff
- Excellent written and verbal skills to convey complex technical information clearly and persuasively to readers who have varying levels of technical subject matter expertise
- Ability to create original compelling and compliant content in response to RFP questions, highlighting unique benefits that meet customer goals and objectives
- Ability to interview technical SME's and translate information provided into a compelling proposal
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products, primarily in Word and Excel
- Proven ability to apply principles of Standard English language usage, grammar, mechanics, etc. in written work
- Proven strong written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, GHD will provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process. #LI-TP1
Being the best we can be is in our culture.
We are a family of smart, innovative and creative problem solvers. In our employee-owned company, everything feels like it matters more. Challenge us and help us come up with new solutions to ensure water, energy and urbanisation are made sustainable for generations to come.
Our commitment to you
Commitment is a powerful word that defines how we do business, how we serve our clients and how we care for one another. We will support your needs by giving you the tools to do your best work and then recognise achievements. We will set your curiosity free to allow brilliant minds to do their best work. We will invest in new ideas, removing barriers where we can. Finally, we will encourage you to collaborate with thousands of diverse people across our global business.
Who we are
We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanisation . GHD is a global professional services company that is a leader in engineering, construction and architectural expertise. Established in 1928, we remain wholly owned by our people. We are 10,000+ diverse and skilled individuals, yet we are proudly ?One GHD' across more than 200 offices, spanning five continents - Asia, Australia, Europe, North and South America, and the Pacific region. Delivering extraordinary social and economic outcomes, we are passionate about building lasting relationships with our partners and clients.