1to1 Rehab is an accredited therapy service provider known for our strength in the area of Speech Language Pathology, Registered Dietitian (RD) services, and Behaviour Therapy. 1to1's team of SLPs, OTs, PTs, RDs, BCBAs, Therapy Assistants, and CDAs provide services in homes and schools in the Greater Toronto Area to clients of all ages.
Our clients are diverse in age and culture, and our therapists have the training, sensitivity, and experience to meet their wide-ranging needs. We pride ourselves on a philosophy that balances clinical excellence with a concern for the person as a whole, and care for overall well-being: One-to-One Individualized Care
1to1 is currently recruiting for full-time and part-time Communication Disorders Assistants for school-aged children in Toronto and York Region under secure Ministry funding. Speech therapy is offered in schools and with teletherapy with students and their families in their homes. Scheduling may be flexible: visits in the school day but also telepractice offered 7 days a week including daytime and evening visits, year-round. All clinical reporting is online. Extensive clinical library resources and clinical education are available. The successful candidates will provide speech therapy under the supervision and guidance of a Speech Language Pathologist. This is a wonderful opportunity to gain one on one experience working with children and their families as well as work with a caring, supportive and diverse team.
- Supporting children with challenges in speech sound production, fluency, and interactive communication
- Actively engaging children and caregivers to address communication goals
- Providing fun intervention and innovative therapy activities and games to target speech goals based on child's interests and abilities
- Using child-centred fun online therapy materials for therapy and home programming activities
- Actively engaging in child/family teaching and collaborating with family and child's team
- Providing evidence-based therapy intervention, tracking progress
- Supporting the recommendations made by supervising SLP regarding speech and language programming, accommodations, resources, and modifications for children and their families
- Communicative Disorders Assistant Certificate or other related fields of education.
- Demonstrated experience of working with children of all ages.
- Ability to build strong relationships with families and provide support, feedback, and coaching.
- Exceptional interpersonal, organizational, and communication (both written and verbal) skills.
- Experience providing therapy in person and virtually.
- Current Vulnerable Sector Screening Police Check
- Daily access to vehicle and valid Driver's License
Please be advised only qualified applicants will be contacted for an interview. Thank you for your interest in 1to1.
1to1 Rehab is a caring, inclusive, and respectful workplace. We value the diversity of the people we hire and serve. We are committed to providing support to applicants that require accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Should you require any accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise Human Resources.