Location: Remote in Toronto
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Hours: Mon-Fri, 40 hours/week
Perks of joining HomeStars:
- All our roles are currently remote. Office equipment supplied!
- Equity in the business: Share in HomeStars' success with a $5,000USD/year grant
- Comprehensive benefits package. We want our employees to stay healthy!
- Monthly wellness activities to support your mental and physical health
- Home Improvement Credit: All employees receive a yearly credit to use toward a service from HomeStars
- December Closure: Our whole team takes a break in the last week of December, every year
- Personal Days: 5 extra days off per year, on top of vacation and sick days
- Beautiful brick & beam office in the heart of Toronto's entertainment district, including a rec room with lounge, ping pong, darts, and foosball
- As Product Marketing Manager, you will take an active role in how Homeowners and Home Service Pros experience, adopt and interact with our marketplace. From value proposition, competitive analysis, brand advertising to external communications, you will shape the perception and presentation of our product and help it gain traction in the Canadian market.
- You'll build on HomeStars' 16-year brand equity as the largest home services network in Canada. You'll lead your team and influence cross-functional teams to build programs for product and brand positioning, television and radio brand advertising, and bringing to market new products and services - all to help us on our mission to empower Canadian homeowners as they care for their most significant asset, their homes, and home service pros grow their businesses.
Your typical day at HomeStars:
- In this wide-reaching role, you'll be able to empower Canada's homeowners and home service pros through the following:
Go To Market Strategy: You'll take the lead role in building and releasing holistic go-to-market plans. By coordinating between product, design, customer success, content, and marketing teams, you'll create and manage product-related campaigns, confirm operational readiness for launches, and ensure all product-related communications are of high quality, strategically planned, and speak to customer value. Meet regularly with our incredible product and engineering teams to align on upcoming releases, value props, communication strategies, and more.
- Content and Communications: Create value-based product collateral and campaigns in the language of our customers; including blogs, guides, webinars, radio ads, and research papers you'll lead your team and personally contribute to developing inspiring, and enticing communications that will drive our customers to adopt and retain our products and services
- Collaborate with product, engineering, sales, and customer success teams to achieve exceptional work for effectively marketing our products and services to our customers
- Market and Customer Research: Conduct market research to obtain an understanding of the competitive landscape and help establish product differentiators Build a better understanding of our market, customers, and products so we can clearly and confidently articulate the unique value of what we offer.
- Own and measure success metrics, working with Data and Analytics teams to empower reporting, analysis and optimization
- 4 years of experience in product marketing at a SaaS company2 years of team leadership experience managing multiple functions to deliver holistic customer-facing outcomes
- Experience managing programs from design to delivery with the goal of driving brand awareness, sentiment change, product acquisition, and feature adoption
- Can lead, inspire, empower and assist, but also can contribute independently and meaningfully to get things done in a fast-paced environment.
- You're incredibly collaborative and possess strong influencing skills that enable you to be an impactful driver of cross-functional initiatives.
- You have an entrepreneurial attitude - you can navigate complexity to get to the desired outcome
- You are a self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment, at ease and calms with frequent pivots in priorities
- You're a strong communicator and possess exceptional verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- You possess the ability to translate technical concepts into tangible, user-focused benefits.
HomeStars is Canada's leading platform connecting homeowners with qualified service professionals for their home improvement needs. Every month, over half a million homeowners visit HomeStars to research and select the best-rated professionals nearby. Check out homestars.com to learn more!
HomeStars Core Values
Our Core Values are woven into everything we do. They guide how we behave, how we act, and what we will aspire to be. They underpin the culture of HomeStars and act as drivers for impact, personal growth, and collective performance.
Customer Obsessed: When our customers thrive, we thrive. We put their needs first.
Think Big: We think without limits. We believe in the possible.
Embrace Candor: We speak up, listen and challenge respectfully.
Act Like an Owner: We're invested, we own our outcomes.
Bias for Action: We take action to accelerate our success. Speed matters.
We're Stronger Together: Our differences empower us, our will to win unites us.
HomeStars has recently been recognized as:
Great Place to Work® CertifiedTM
Best Workplaces for Hybrid Work, Canada 2022
Best Workplaces Managed by Women, Canada 2021
Best Workplaces in Technology, Canada 2020
Best Workplaces for Today's Youth, Canada 2020
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.