Makes Work Life Better? is our brand promise, not only to our customers, but to our employees as well. Our flagship platform, Dayforce, helps leaders make smart decisions based on data, strategy and intelligence that create value and maximize productivity.
How do we make work life better?
- By delivering an award-winning product, conceptualized and developed by award-winning leaders, that result in award-winning customer employee experiences
- By hiring highly innovative, diverse talent that fully embraces and embodies our core values in everything they do: Customer Focus, Equity, Shared Ambition, Agility, Transparency, Optimism
- By using modern technology, such as voice-activation with Dayforce Assistant and access to your money as soon as you earn it with Dayforce Wallet to stay in rhythm with the evolving demands of our 4 million global users We understand that no matter where you are, choosing a new employer is always one of life's most stressful events. We encourage you to check us out at Ceridian.com to learn more about how we are impacting the world of work for our customers, employees and you!
Location: Work is what you do, not where you go. For this role, we are open to remote work and can hire anywhere in Canada
About the opportunity
The key responsibility of the Marketing Specialist Associate, Events is to effectively support the Senior Marketing Manager
in delivering marketing initiatives that map directly to the overall Marketing strategy of Ceridian HCM Inc. The Marketing Specialist Associate, Events is responsible for working on several events and programs and involves coordinating and managing several company vendors and/or sponsored projects. Specific responsibilities include project management of tradeshow elements such as design, staffing, campaign components, and overall booth logistics.
What you'll get to do
- Execute on the overall tradeshow plans developed by the Senior Marketing Manager
- Developing both a strategic plan (theme creation, communication plan outline, content development, event planning) and tactical execution plan (creative briefs, bookings, material requirements and collection, copy writing, supplier coordination, etc.) for specific marketing events/programs
- Oversee Canadian national and regional events, as well as some regional US events
- Support the Sr Marketing Specialist, Events on tasks related to large US National events both leading up to the event and onsite
- Monitor sponsorship of particular programs and activities, including booking participation, monitoring participation rates, tracking, and providing updates to stakeholders regarding progress of events/programs
- Coordinate and ensure all necessary individuals/teams are involved in event concept/theme creation and execution of programs and events to ensure strong design and effective implementation
- Ensure consistency of messaging and effective communication of program goals and benefits to all events team members
- Coordinate throughout duration of program or event, including all on-site activities as outlined by Senior Marketing Manager
- Participate in a continuous feedback to Senior Marketing Manager and escalate appropriately to ensure events are completed on time, and on budget
- Conclude all events/programs by providing summary reporting to key stakeholders, conducting program debriefs (if applicable) and coordinating customer follow-up communication as required
- Manage small events budgets and provide all required financial information with regards to event/program in a timely manner to internal finance team
- Assist in brainstorming and identification of new opportunities ideas on the marketing events team
- You will be required to obtain quotes and special information for new projects as needed
- Travel required within US/Canada to lead/assist in event execution
- Manage onsite teams remotely for smaller events that do not require onsite marketing support What's in it for you
- Encouragement to be the best version of yourself at and away from work:
- YOUnity diversity and inclusion programs
- Amazing time away from work programs
- Support for your total well-being through our Live Well, Work Well programs targeting all aspects of your life
- Recognition for your contributions through excellent pay, perks, and rewards
- Giving where you're living: volunteer days, Ceridian sponsored events, and our very own charity, Ceridian Cares
- Opportunities to fuel your career growth through numerous internal and external programs and events Skills and experience we value
- Post-secondary education in Marketing via Diploma/Degree in Marketing preferred (Advertising, Direct Marketing Concepts, Campaign Management, Consumer Behavior, Press Relations, etc.)
- 1-2 years' work experience in Marketing/Events Management
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong proofreading skills and highly organized individual with an ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong presentation and negotiating skills
- Excellent client service and relationship skills;
- Independent, self-starter with strong organizational skills Ceridian is fueled by the diversity of our talented employees. We are an equal opportunity employer and consider and embrace ALL individuals and what makes them unique. We believe our employees should be happy and healthy, with peace of mind and a sense of fulfillment. We provide our employees with comprehensive benefits for various life circumstances and needs, great opportunities for career development, and a balanced lifestyle to achieve personal and professional success. We encourage all individuals to apply for positions that fit their passions.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted by a Ceridian Recruiter with a @ceridian.com email directly from our