Date Posted: 06/23/2022
Req ID: 25308
Faculty/Division: Temerty Faculty of Medicine
Department: Department of Laboratory Medicine & Pathobiology
Campus: St. George (Downtown Toronto)
Position Number: 00052037
Home to over 40 departments and institutes, the University of Toronto's Temerty Faculty of Medicine lies at the heart of the Toronto Academic Health Science Network and is a global leader in ground-breaking research and education, spanning clinical medicine, basic science and the rehabilitation sciences sectors.
The Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathobiology (LMP) occupies a unique position at the interface between basic biomedical science and clinical practice. We are an assembly of over 350 investigators, scientists, and clinicians, who educate and mentor trainees pursuing undergraduate, graduate, and postgraduate medical studies, engaged in investigating disease mechanisms and patterns and translating new knowledge and discoveries into improved health outcomes for patients and populations.
As Digital Communications Assistant, you will work closely with the Communications & Outreach Officer to amplify our digital footprint. You will create new and existing social media channels and create engaging visual and video media to highlight and profile our academic and research excellence and promote our programs. You will help maintainand develop our website with accessible content that meets user needs. Your exceptional communications and design skills, and your ability to shape compelling content will enable us to optimize our digital communications.
Your responsibilities will include:
Writing and editing digital communications
- Creating and maintaining presence on social media platforms and tracking analytics
- Creating and maintaining websites
- Designing graphics for digital and online media
- Training staff and faculty on the use of social media
Bachelor's Degree or acceptable combination of equivalent experience
- Minimum two years relevant communications experience in a university, teaching hospital or comparable environment
- Experience researching, writing and editing for digital and creating and maintaining online content, including visual branding
- Experience maintaining social media platforms, including the use of analytics on social media effectiveness
- Experience maintaining websites and monitoring and tracking meaningful metrics
- Experience training end users on digital communications best practices
- Knowledge of new and emerging media and information technology
- Advanced proficiency with MS Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, social media, content management systems (Drupal, WordPress) and video-editing software
- Excellentwritten and verbal communication skills, including the ability to write in a variety of styles and for diverse audiences
- Proven design capabilities, including experience with web and graphic design software and working collaboratively with external vendors
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong initiative and resourceful
- Ability to work effectively with competing deadlines
- Ability to interact professionally and effectively with all levels of academic and administrative staff
To be successful in this role you will be:
Closing Date: 07/14/2022, 11:59PM ET
Employee Group: USW
Appointment Type: Budget - Continuing
Pay Scale Group & Hiring Zone:
USW Pay Band 07 - $52,695 with an annual step progression to a maximum of $67,389. Pay scale and job class assignment is subject to determination pursuant to the Job Evaluation/Pay Equity Maintenance Protocol.
Job Category: Communication/Media/Public Relations
Recruiter: Dinuka Perera
Lived Experience Statement
Candidates who are members of Indigenous, Black, racialized and 2SLGBTQ+ communities, persons with disabilities, and other equity deserving groups are encouraged to apply, and their lived experience shall be taken into consideration as applicable to the posted position.