Position Status: Full Time, Contract (18+ months)
Working alongside Tourism Whistler, Whistler.com welcomes visitors to Whistler by promoting and selling vacations through a team of local travel experts, exciting customer service techniques, and a user-friendly website.
We are a collaborative team, with a passion for where we are and what we do. We enthusiastically strive to create a positive and fulfilling experience for our team, and we are committed to creating a workplace that requires respect for our people, our partners, and our environment.
If you are passionate about Whistler's unique mountain culture and want to join an innovative and supportive team, we want to hear from you!
What We Offer
- A flex schedule (9 days bi-weekly) offering work-life balance and time to enjoy the beauty of Whistler!
- Potential to work a hybrid schedule, working both in the office and remotely (after probationary period)
- Excellent extended health plan, with an additional wellness benefit
- Fun, positive, and supportive team environment Position Summary
The Specialist, Group Sales works with all Whistler.com group clients, from prospecting, initial inquiry and fulfilment. This position builds lasting relationships by instilling confidence and producing memorable events; selling accommodation, activities and transportation, and building complete itineraries for clients. If you are motivated to hit sales targets and grow your sales career within Whistler, this is a great opportunity for you.
- Act as a Whistler.com ambassador, living our purpose and vision with passion & energy, achievement and respect
- Coordinate and participate in site inspections for clients
- Build proposals for clients in a timely manner, ensure follow to complete the sale
- Work with the client throughout the entire booking process and support the group in Whistler to ensure a successful event and build lasting relationships
- Enhance the group experience by providing incremental sales options (i.e. sells Whistler activities to groups who have already secured lodging through Whistler.com).
- Facilitate contracts between suppliers and clients
- Work closely with the Tourism Whistler Conference Sales team to facilitate transportation and activity bookings for their delegates
- Research new business / prospect new business Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Highly motivated, with a strong sense of customer service
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Passion and knowledge of Whistler, mountain resorts and the tourism industry
- Whistler hotel knowledge an asset
- Whistler activity provider knowledge an asset
- Experience with Inntopia an asset