Make an impact at a global and dynamic investment organization
When you invest your career in CPP Investments, you join one of the most respected and fastest growing institutional investors in the world. With current assets under management valued in excess of $500 billion, CPP Investments is a professional investment management organization that globally invests the funds of the Canada Pension Plan (CPP) to help ensure long-term sustainability. The CPP Fund is projected to reach $3 trillion by 2050. CPP Investments invests in all major asset classes, including public equity, private equity, real estate, infrastructure and fixed-income instruments, and is headquartered in Toronto with offices in Hong Kong, London, Luxembourg, Mumbai, New York City, San Francisco, São Paulo and Sydney.
CPP Investments attracts and selects high-calibre individuals from top-tier institutions around the globe. Join our team and look forward to:
- Diverse and inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders
- Stimulating work in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment
- Accelerated exposure and responsibility
- Global career development opportunities
- Being motivated every day by CPP Investments' important social purpose and unshakable principles
- A flexible/hybrid work environment combining in office collaboration and remote working
- A deeply rooted culture of Integrity, Partnership and High Performance
If you share a passion for performance, value a collegial and collaborative culture, and approach everything with the highest integrity, here's an opportunity for you to invest your career at CPP Investments.
CPP Investments' digital channels are a critical expression of our Brand and a vital resource for maintaining our reputation for transparency, engaging with our diverse, global audiences and communicating with our employees. Our intranet is an essential channel for reaching our global employee base, and is continuously evolving to meet adoption, user experience and productivity requirements. It is managed by a cross-functional team consisting of professionals in the Public Affairs and Communications Group and Technology & Development, as well as best-in-class external vendors. Our website's importance has grown over the last several years, with increased technical complexity, pace of functional improvements and variety of digital content. The site is managed by the Public Affairs and Communications Group, and hosted by an external digital agency.
Reporting to the Managing Director, Digital Communications, The Manager, Digital Communications will play a critical role in managing and evolving the intranet, and a key role in supporting the content management system for CPP Investments' website. The Manager role is supported by a Digital Workplace Specialist, which is a contract role.
For the intranet, in addition to providing input on the overall strategic roadmap for the intranet, the Manager, Digital Communications will function as the intranet owner within the agile team managing new features, as well as evolving user experience and managing content. The Manager will be accountable for communicating the intranet goals, effectively managing enhancement backlogs, creating, communicating and prioritizing backlog items, and ensuring that the backlog status is transparent, visible and understood. Key responsibilities will include managing the tracking and prioritization of requested items, writing user stories and acceptance criteria, and performing User Acceptance Testing. The Manager will also manage content and evolve the User Interface of the intranet. Key responsibilities will include managing the intake of stakeholder and user feedback, content and document management, configuring web parts, managing meta-data and providing user training.
The Manager will also support the Director, Digital Communications in managing and evolving the corporate website. The primary function will be ensuring timely, accurate and high-quality delivery of content through the content management system, either by working directly with stakeholders or supporting the activities of contractors performing this function. The Manager will also support the evolution of SEO on the website, coordinating activities with key stakeholders and managing technical elements.
Proactively identify potential intranet enhancements through a variety of means, including direct feedback from the team managing the intranet, user feedback, analysis of intake requests and industry trends.
- Perform the Product Owner responsibilities for the intranet on the intranet Scrum team. Prioritize enhancement requests and input them into JIRA, the issue and tracking software. Document user stories and acceptance criteria for delivery through Agile Sprints. Perform User Acceptance Testing of Sprint items.
- Manage the activities of the Digital Workplace Specialist contractor.
- Manage the taxonomy, information architecture and metadata for the intranet, as well as SharePoint lists.
- Provide guidance to the intranet team on how to achieve business requirements utilizing the developed set of web parts.
- Manage content, including the application of established meta-data, documents, and spreadsheets
- Develop new intranet pages using pre-defined webparts.
- Review, route, track, and action intake requests through user support inbox.
- Prepare and deliver stakeholder training for content management.
- Create and manage digital communication materials and resources.
- Support management of content through the website content management system.
- Support SEO on the website.
- Five years' experience with content management systems or front-end development, ideally in an agency or consulting organization.
- Strong knowledge of workplace technology such as intranets, collaboration software, messaging applications, content management systems or employee social networks.
- Experience in digital business analysis, specifically in documenting business requirements and interpreting digital data.
- Training and/or experience in agile methodology would be a strong asset.
- Knowledge of taxonomy, metadata and enterprise search.
- Knowledge of SharePoint Online.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Productivity tools: Excel, PowerPoint, Word.
- Extremely high attention to detail
- An ability to multi-task and function in a dynamic environment.
- Strong commitment to working collaboratively with a diverse team.
Visit our LinkedIn Career Page or Follow us on LinkedIn. #LI-JB1
At CPP Investments, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process.
Our Commitment to Inclusion and Diversity:
In addition to being dedicated to building a workforce that reflects diverse talent, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible experience. If you require an accommodation for any part of the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms, etc.), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
CPP Investments does not accept resumes from employment placement agencies, head-hunters or recruitment suppliers that are not in a formal contractual arrangement with us. Our recruitment supplier arrangements are restricted to specific hiring needs and do not include this or other web-site job postings. Any resume or other information received from a supplier not approved by CPP Investments to provide resumes to this posting or web-site will be considered unsolicited and will not be considered. CPP Investments will not pay any referral, placement or other fee for the supply of such unsolicited resumes or information.
Mandatory Vaccine Policy
All employees in the Toronto, New York, San Francisco, Mumbai, Sydney, Hong Kong, and Sao Paulo offices will be required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Accommodations to this policy will be made for medical or other protected grounds. Please contact us to discuss any accommodation needs.