As the Special Events Manager in Security, you will be responsible for the overall schedule and coordination of a wide variety of special events. You will provide a professional interface with the public, addressing client and employee requirements in a professional and engaging manner while leading your team to accomplish respective divisional goals. You will be reporting directly to Operations Manager.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
Manage and develop events and casual employee schedule working with Scheduler on a frequent basis, ensure all shifts are being covered, contract obligations are being met and adjustments are made to meet client requests.
- Allocation of security personnel to execute special event contracts.
- Oversee operations schedule for all projects which includes people, trucks and assets.
- Work with site supervisors to ensure guards are meeting client expectations.
- Regularly work with security staff to improve quality of service and ensure basic expectations are being met.
- Assist in overseeing cost spending and tracking to ensure profit margins are met, and indirect costs are minimized.
- Manage Backwoods Security safety program and ensure it is being fully implemented and assist the HSE Manager with any specific Security HSE requirements.
- Manage equipment assets according to contract needs ensuring company owned assets are utilized first, rentals thereafter. Manage truck maintenance, damage and repairs ensuring minimal cost and maximum operational excellence.
- Oversee and administer and maintain the use of security software.
- Ensure Backwoods HR programs are being fully implemented and engage with HR Manager on any people matters as required.
- Ensure operational efficiencies and continual operational improvement.
- Ensure all contracts are read, understood and being followed as required and project profits are maximized, and clients are satisfied with our services.
- Assist in the recruitment of new event guards
- Capable workforce leader, able to provide expertise, best practices, and lead by example.
- Ensure proper guidance is in place to drive decisions to mitigate potential risks that might arise.
- Work times will require evenings, nights, and oncall shifts on a rotational basis and able to assist as required during events.
- Willing to work evenings weekends and holidays as required; and
- Additional and alternative duties that may be changed from time-to-time by the Employer.
WHERE YOU'LL BE WORKING:
- Working on various special event sites both outdoors and indoors in all weather conditions.
- Driving a Backwoods vehicle in all weather conditions.
- Majority of events occur on weekends, Overtime may be required and weekend availability is required.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- years supervisory/management experience. Management experience does not have to be security related.
- Valid and current Alberta driver's license, ABST and Valid Alberta security license.
- Must be flexible and willing and work additional hours as required
- Exceptional verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Technically savvy with experience working in the Microsoft office suite.
- Experience using security reporting software.
- Highly organized, excellent decision-making skills and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of management principles and skills.
- Leadership experience with excellent interpersonal skills
WHY WORK AT BACKWOODS?
Backwoods Security Services Ltd. is an Alberta Based security and protective services provider owned by the Alexis Nakota Sioux Nation. We are part of the larger family of Backwoods Energy Services which prides itself in its ability to execute projects in a safe, cost effective and timely manner. With our access to highly experienced Indigenous security guards, Backwoods Security offers top-tier security execution while creating a positive socio-economic impact within Indigenous communities.
At Backwoods Security Services, our culture is what sets us apart from our competition. Our employees are dedicated members of our team who know they can connect with those they serve and secure, count on reliable work hours, and be part of a growing organization that has its sights set on becoming an industry standard.
OUR EMPLOYEES CAN COUNT ON US FOR:
Reliable Work hours
- Competitive Wages
- A competitive Health Benefit Package
- Flexible Shifts to suit a work life balance
- Uniforms and PPE
- Training Opportunities
- Career Growth Opportunities
- Recognition Programs
- Making impacts within Indigenous Communities and People
Backwoods Group of Companies believes that our strength is our people and that diverse teams drive strong business performance. Our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion is cemented in our mission and begins with the recognition that individuals have different needs. Backwoods is committed to providing the tools required build a resilient workforce and inclusive work environment.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your cover letter and resume directly to our website: backwoodsenergy.ca/careers
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent(s) of this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of the position.