Coast Hotels is a dynamic and growing brand. Our culture is rooted in our values, leadership accountability, and the growth and development of our Ambassadors.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Assistant Manager, Sales & Events will contribute to the overall success of the hotel by supporting the hotel's strategic plan, providing superior customer service, and selling products/services that maximize revenues.
Job Location: Coast Coal Harbour Vancouver Hotel by APA (1180 W Hastings St, Vancouver, BC)
- Accurately completes all catering related administration duties.
- Responds to all Meeting/Event enquiries within same day received.
- Drafts correspondence, prepares proposal and contracts.
- Monitors and completes catering contracts, including guarantees, amendments, rooming lists, cut-off dates, deposits and final payments when required.
- Monitors and manages group sales contracts, including guarantees, amendments, rooming lists, cut-off dates, deposits and final payments when required.
- Using Coast customer communication standards, ensures timely processing and documentation of records for customer relationship management initiatives including detailing BEO's and updating client files and sales activities, utilizing the company assigned automation tool: Delphi.
- Ensures that function set-up meets and/or exceeds client expectations by working closely with each group's meeting planner to determine their need for meeting rooms space, dates, times, food & beverage, AV equipment requirements and billing instructions.
- Welcomes clients during events.
- Maximizes revenue for hotel through effective yielding of meeting space, ensuring that the best use of space is sold for each event.
- Maximizes revenue for hotel through effective up-selling.
- Must be proficient in selling of guest rooms, function space and public outlets and be able to articulate this information clearly to clients.
- Must be knowledgeable of food & beverage costs, labour and hotel operations.
- Works with the Executive Chef to establish, design and price menu options for clients.
- Attends weekly meetings to review event BEO's to ensure client's requirements are communicated accurately to Banquets and the Kitchen.
- Participates in site inspections, client appointments, client events as needed to increase market share.
- Works with the hotel's leadership team to establish and communicate clear objectives, targets, and operational quality standards for the team.
- Develops new and existing social/local catering accounts through outside sales calls, phone prospecting and referrals ensuring all revenue goals are achieved or exceeded.
- Develops and maintains knowledge of market trends, competitor activities and guest's requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required
- Degree/Diploma in Hospitality preferred or courses in Hotel Management
- 4 years of related experience, preferably hotel, with at least 2 years in a sales or catering/banquets
- Self-motivated, driven team player with demonstrated organizational and interpersonal skills
- Professional appearance and attitude
- Demonstrated superior customer service philosophy and proper phone etiquette
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, multi-tasking, multi-functional team environment
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Proven ability to sell, develop solid working relationships and meet set sales/performance targets
- Ability to meet multiple deadlines with great attention to detail
- Advanced level in the use of MS Office Suite of products, with working knowledge of Delphi
- Demonstrated knowledge of the local area and target customer market segments
- Knowledge of Wine and Food pairing and Food costing
- Knowledge of F&B presentation techniques, health department rules and regulation, liquor laws and regulations
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as catering contracts, brochures, price lists, policy manual
- Ability to prospect and qualify clients
- Exemplifies Coast's core values and enjoys working in a culture of accountability Coast Hotels offers a variety of benefits, including competitive wages & benefits, employee discounts, training & development, career advancement opportunities & more!
Upon hire, candidates must provide COVID-19 vaccine card.
Coast Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Coast Hotels would like to thank all interested applicants
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted
NO PLACE LIKE COAST