Why Fraser Health?:
Fraser Health is responsible for the delivery of hospital and community-based health services to over 1.9 million people in 20 diverse communities from Burnaby to Fraser Canyon on the traditional territories of the Coast Salish and Nlaka'pamux Nations. Our team of 43,000 staff, medical staff and volunteers is dedicated to serving our patients, families and communities to deliver on our vision: Better health, best in health care.
This vacancy is subject to the requirements of the Facility Staff Assignment Order (the ?SSO?) issued by the Fraser Health's Medical Health Officer further to the Order issued by the Provincial Health Officer on April 10, 2020 (amended April 15, 2020) (the ?PHO Order?).
Effective October 26th, 2021 all staff for all positions across Health Care require full COVID 19 vaccination. All positions, require that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (have received a full series of a World Health Organization ?WHO? approved vaccine against infection by SARS-COV-2, or a combination of approved WHO vaccines). Please note this applies to all postings, and there are no exceptions.
We are currently looking to fill an exciting Temp Full Time position as a Assistant, Talent Acquisition (E03). This position is available until March 31st, 2023. The schedule is Monday to Friday from 8:00am to 4:00pm.
A career with Fraser Health will offer you the opportunity to be a part of a dedicated team of professionals in a dynamic and rewarding health care environment. We offer a competitive compensation and benefit package, including comprehensive health benefits coverage.
We invite you to apply today and find out why more than 95% of new employees recommend Fraser Health to their friends and family as a phenomenal place to work! We value diversity in the work force and aim to maintain an environment of Respect, Caring & Trust.
Find out what it's like to work here. Like us on Facebook(@fraserhealthcareers), follow us on Twitter & Instagram(@FHCareer), or connect with us on LinkedIn (fraserhealthcareers) for first-hand employee insightsDetailed Overview :
Supporting the Vision, Values, Purpose and Commitments of Fraser Health including service delivery that is centered around patients/clients/residents and families:
Supports the Talent Acquisition team by coordinating the pre-screening process for nurses; supports the Talent Acquisition team in the employment process by completing and verifying references; provides support to the Talent Acquisition Representatives for the PSP program, the Talent Acquisition Client Partners for Physicians and the Talent Acquisition team for international hires; assists with co-ordinating career Job Fairs, Open Houses and Conferences; packing/unpacking materials/bins as required. Assists with typing various documents as required, using software applications such as word processing, database management and spreadsheets within a Windows environment; performs clerical functions such as preparing reports, setting up and maintaining files, photocopying; faxing, opening and distributing mail and processing mailouts; provides reception duties by responding to a variety of inquiries received by telephone, e-mail and in person; provides secretarial and administrative support to the Director, Talent Acquisition and On-Boarding. Responsibilities:
- Determines nature and urgency of requests, forwards to appropriate individual(s), coordinates meetings, commits meetings for the director, establishes meeting schedules, confirms and prepares meeting agendas.
- Supports the Talent Acquisition team by completing and verifying references, sending, collecting and scanning prescreening forms; schedules prescreen appointments; receives new applicants, sending e-mails and forms to eligible applicants; books presentations with Schools of Nursing and prepares presentation folders.
- Supports Physicians Client Partner by preparing and sending mailouts; maintains relevant spreadsheets; reviews personal resumes; refers Physicians to sites; posts Physician Opportunities on FHA website and Healthmatch.
- Assists with co-ordinating career Job Fairs, Open Houses and Conferences; packing/unpacking materials/bins as required.
- Assists with typing various documents such as; letters, memos and reports using software applications such as word processing, database management and spreadsheets within a Windows environment.
- Performs clerical functions such as; preparing reports, setting up and maintaining files, photocopying; faxing; opening and distributing mail and processing mailouts.
- Provides reception duties such as; answers the telephone; takes messages, receives and responds to routine inquiries or refers/forwards to appropriate person.
- Orders supplies, prepares invoices for payment, monitors supplies of promotional items and print materials for career fairs, prepares promotional materials for colleges and schools.
- Sorts and distributes incoming and outgoing mail, faxes, internal correspondence and courier documents.
- Gathers and compiles information as required, prepares power point presentations.
- Provides confidential secretarial and administrative support to the Director, Talent Acquisition & On-Boarding Services.
Grade 12 supplemented with courses from a recognized secretarial program plus three years' recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Skills and Abilities
Demonstrates the LEADS capabilities of Leads Self, Engages Others, Achieves Results, Develops Coalitions and supports Systems Transformation.
- Ability to type at 50 w.p.m. and proficiency in using word processing, spreadsheet and database applications.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Ability to work in an environment of changing priorities.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment and relevant computer software.
- Ability to deal effectively with others.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.