A position at White Cap isn't your ordinary job. You'll work in an exciting and diverse environment, meet interesting people, and have a variety of career opportunities.
The White Cap family is committed to Building Trust on Every Job. We do this by being deeply knowledgeable, fully capable, and always dependable, and our associates are the driving force behind this commitment.
Job Description / Qualifications
Responsible for assisting in growing the customer base by selling a variety of products and services to new and existing customers. Assists in training new Inside Sales Representatives on product knowledge and system training.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Interacts with both walk-in and telephone customers. Provides sales and quotation support to customers and upsells products and services whenever possible.
- Provides technical support to customers and other staff on application of products. Writes up customer orders for pick up and delivery and showroom.
- Assists in training new staff on products, computer systems, and working with customers.
- Assists branch management team with managerial tasks in their absence.
- Performs cash/sales transactions and order entry for customers ensuring attention to detail and accuracy. Performs parts lookup using manufacturer's software.
- Ships and tracks orders. Maintains records of rental inventory, status and ensures billing is completed each month. Assists in physical inventories, and stocks shelves for showroom.
- Maintains technical knowledge by reviewing technical publications, attending product knowledge meetings and educational workshops.
- Follows all safety practices as outlined in the health & safety manual.
Nature and Scope
May modify processes to resolve situations.
Under limited supervision, relies on experience and exercises independent judgment to determine the best approach to achieve desired outcomes. Course of action is often determined by interpreting procedures and policies. Work typically involves periodic review of output by a supervisor or direct customers of the process.
Is sought out and/or assigned to provide general guidance/direction, training, and technical assistance to junior level support personnel. Contributes to employees' professional development but does not have hiring/firing authority.
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 5% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Technical certification or associate degree may be required in some areas. Generally 5-7 years of experience in a related area of responsibility.
If you're looking to play a role in building America, consider one of our open opportunities. We can't wait to meet you.
Recruiter Moore-Bellerande, Jefferson
Req ID WCJR-005985
White Cap is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer. White Cap considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.