Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
What we're looking for
We are hiring a Marketing Coordinator to join the TaxCycle team at Xero. The TaxCycle team builds tax software for Canadian accountants and bookkeepers to prepare tax returns for their clients.
Your skills and experience in planning, coordinating and creating marketing content will allow us to execute effective campaigns and events to our customers and prospects. You'll be a problem solver who builds strong connections within our team as well as with internal and external stakeholders-always being collaborative and approachable. You will be excellent at prioritization and will maintain focus on bringing together the right people and materials together at the right time to deliver maximum impact.
What you'll do
- You'll build content for email and social media campaigns directed at both current and prospective customers. This includes:
Gathering existing content from recent blog posts and sales campaigns
- Assembling content into a cohesive and compelling email message
- Writing and creating graphics for social media posts
- Testing email campaigns before scheduling
- Scheduling email campaigns and social media posts
You'll also coordinate regular webinars for sales and educational purposes, as well as our annual online and in-person training conference. This includes:
Planning the schedule of webinars
- Coordinating stakeholders (speakers, venues, suppliers, etc.)
- Requesting/reviewing descriptions of each webinar
- Configuring each event on the webinar platform
- Requesting/reviewing relevant polling questions
- Setting up the professional development credits system
- Coordinating staff to answer questions received during the webinar
- Producing the webinar during the event, including reading and launching polling questions
You will also provide support where required to gather promotional materials and coordinate our presence at trade show events and conferences we attend.
What you'll bring
- Experience coordinating events, both virtual and in-person
- Experience executing social media and email campaigns
- Top-notch organizational skills
- Attention to detail in everything you do
- Eye for attractive and effective layout and design
- Technology industry experience desired
- Tax, accounting/bookkeeping knowledge preferred
- Umbraco content management system
- Engage webinar platform
- HTML and CSS
- Adobe Creative Cloud Essentials
THE QUALIFICATIONS YOU'LL NEED
- Bachelor's degree in business, writing, or related field
- Minimum of 3+ years of related work experience
At Xero, we are empowered to bring our ?whole self' to work. Our collaborative and inclusive culture is one we're immensely proud of. We know that a diverse workforce is a strength that enables businesses, including ours, to better understand and serve customers, attract top talent and innovate. We care about learning together and celebrate our teams' continuous improvement and career development.
Want to read more about inclusivity at Xero? Learn a little more about it here - https://www.xero.com/ca/about/social-and-environmental-impact/diversity-and-inclusion/
We offer a great remuneration package, including compelling benefits and perks, like Xero shares and great parental leave policies. We also support flexible working arrangements that allow you to balance your work, your life and your passions. Our Canadian Xero family includes Hubdoc, an automated data capture platform and we have offices in Toronto, Calgary, and Vancouver. From the moment you step through our doors, you'll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.
Xero strongly encourages employees and contractors to be vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to work from a Xero office, or engage in any face-to-face Xero business.