Working in a variety of software platforms, in both 2D and 3D (solid and surface modelling), the CAD Tech/Graphic Designer prepares schematics & designs for live corporate events, conferences, symposiums and entertainment. In some cases, translating another designer's sketches and markups into proper drawings. These designs will be used to help prepare estimates, representative renderings and plans for production as well in the aid of technical execution for events. This role will report to Director, Creative & Scenic Services.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Prepare preliminary and details drawing, designs, and plans for various projects.
- Liaise with internal and external technical and sales teams, as well as directly with clients.
- Specifying the dimensions, components and makeup of a floor plan.
- Check and verify that designs conform to industry standards, building codes and requirements.
- Graphics design and layout for print production needs as it relates to the scenic fabrication and exposition business.
- File & archive management.
- Off-site inspections may be required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Degree or diploma achieved in Architecture or Drafting Technology, or Technical Theatre.
- Minimum 2 years of experience required; 5 desired.
- Excellent internal/external customer service skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Knowledge of building & fire codes an asset.
- Ability to work on several projects at a time in a fast paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team and independently with minimal oversight; take full responsibility for quality and efficiency or work.
- Basic understanding of engineering drawing and principles, weight loads and rigging is essential.
- Proficient in the use of any or all of the following software platforms:
o 3D AutoCAD
o Cinema 4D
o Adobe Illustrator
o Adobe Photoshop
Work is performed primarily in an office environment. Working times may include irregular hours and on-call status including days, evenings, weekends and holidays. Team members must adhere to appearance guidelines as defined by Encore based in an office environment and when traveling, on an individual venue or a representation of venues in that city or area.
The above information on this description is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.