Meet the Smart Safety Company
At Safe Fleet our Vision is to be the leading global provider of safety solutions for fleet vehicles. We are committed to saving lives, preventing injuries and making fleets more productive.
Whether you work in our Charlotte plant to build life-saving stop arms for school buses, or design advanced camera vision products in our Vancouver office, or forge valves and high-quality nozzles to fight fires, you'll contribute to our goal to keep everyone safe.
We are a fast-growing manufacturing, service, and technology company with over 1700 employees in over 15 locations across Canada, the US and the UK.
We are looking for a motivated and well-spoken Sales Development Representative (SDR) to join our sales team in Coquitlam, BC. The SDR will be responsible for developing new leads, communicating with customers, understanding their needs, and ensuring a smooth sales process.
We have an excellent training program and prefer the right personality over experience. To be successful as an SDR you should be able to build instant rapport and achieve customer satisfaction. A top SDR should also be driven and a good listener. We sell solutions over products and our most empathetic SDR's perform the best.
The SDR role is a hybrid job with both office and home-based work . Safe Fleet is inclusive, supportive and we are excellent at training and developing the right people. Many of our key people began their careers at Safe Fleet in this role.
Compensation is base salary plus commission. We also offer paid vacation time, sick/personal days and fully paid benefits after 3 months' probation (Life, Accidental Death & Disability, Short and Long-Term Disability, Extended Health, Dental, Employee Assistance Program and RRSP Program with company matching your contributions, up to 3% of your salary).
As a Sales Development Representative for our School Bus Division, you will support the efforts of a team of Sales Executives living and working in territories throughout the USA. You will contribute to meeting and exceeding sales targets in an assigned territory, by driving cold/warm calling campaigns and identifying sales opportunities with both new and existing customers and by providing engaged, responsive customer service.
?These are hybrid roles; applicants must reside within reasonable proximity of our Coquitlam, BC facility. Remote candidates will not be considered.
- Create new business within assigned territories by reaching out to new accounts
- Introducing or sell new solutions to already existing accounts
- Coordinate sales processes and activities; make warm and cold calls to generate revenue growth and support strategic campaigns in cooperation with the Sales Executives and Management
- Provide outstanding customer service via phone and email
- Place outbound follow-up calls to sales leads
- Update CRM with activities and contact records
- Develop and maintain strong rapport with customers in the assigned territory
- Book appointments and webinars for the Sales Executive/Managers in support of sales strategies
- Provide follow-up to existing/prospective customers regarding sales, product inquiries
- Work with the Sales Executives/Managers to align goals, priorities and methodologies for the assigned territory
- Experience working with CRM software, Salesforce is desirable
- Strong understanding of Internet based tools and Microsoft Office software
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Capacity to learn about and speak confidently regarding a wide range of technical products, including: Cameras, DVR's, and Fleet Management Software
- Great organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work independently as well as cooperatively with colleagues
- Committed to providing ?World-class' customer service.