At Hyatt, we believe our guests select Hyatt because of our caring and attentive colleagues who are focused on providing efficient service and meaningful experiences. Our colleagues select us because we provide amazing opportunities, growth and development, a caring and inclusive culture, and fantastic benefits like:
- Discounted lodging accommodations at Hyatt worldwide
- Discounts on food and beverage
- Discounted transit passes
- Wellbeing programs
- Recognition programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Excellent training and professional development
Hyatt Regency Vancouver is seeking a dynamic, organized professional to join the Events Team as Regular Events Coordinator.
The Event Services Coordinator is responsible for servicing events. This position works closely with Events Services Sales Managers in contract negotiations and servicing accounts. Primary service efforts are in Banquet Food, Beverage and Setup that include menu planning, agenda setting, and hotel meeting services, hospitality amenities and special VIP requests and small bookings. Duties also include but are not limited to contract review and facilitating communication before, during and post event with pertinent hotel staff to ensure a high level of service. In addition, assist in hosting site inspections as needed, participate and/or lead event meetings and other staff meetings.
Hyatt associates work in an environment that demands exceptional performance yet reaps great rewards. Whether it's career opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive work environment, if you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you.
You are more than welcome.
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
- A true desire to satisfy the needs of others in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have the flexibility to work some weekends
- Must possess refined verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of a second language is an asset.
- Must be able to prioritize projects with proven ability to multi-task.
- Must be proficient in computer systems and general computer knowledge
- Must be highly organized and have excellent customer service skills
- Must be friendly, passionate, professional and excellent team player
- Must have a keen desire to assist others
- A degree in hospitality or equivalent experience is preferred
- Event planning experience is considered an asset
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada