Skylab Technologies Inc. (skylabtech.ai) was born in the fall of 2018 after a gap in the photo studio image processing workflow was identified. Utilizing advanced machine learning, we are able to apply professional-quality crop, color correction, retouch, background extraction/replacement, teeth whitening and glasses glare removal in a fraction of the time that it would traditionally take an image analyzer to complete while maintaining superior consistency.
We are self-funded and backed by many years of image processing data from The Artona Group Inc.,
We are looking for a junior/intermediate (React & React Native) software developer that wants to get their keyboard working on exciting new web, desktop, and mobile projects which will revolutionize the photography industry.
Local Vancouver/Lower Mainland candidates are strongly preferred.
What you'll be doing as part of our team:
- Work on various machine learning enabling platforms that serve our customers on a daily basis.
- Work as a contributing member of our product development team.
- Working closely with machine-learning and design colleagues on a new and exciting startup photography software project.
- Contributing to and elaborating on our PoC web & mobile application.
- Contributing to our AWS infrastructure and deployment.
- Supporting your teammates in development planning.
- Helping lead the company into 2nd and 3rd markets by developing exciting new products coming down the pipeline.
A Little Bit About You:
- 2 - 3 years of software development experience.
- Excel working in a very fluid and agile work environment.
- Solid computer science fundamentals (OOP, FP)
- A healthy balance between moving fast and being careful.
- Passion for delivering the best user experience possible.
- Willing to learn new skills on the fly.
- Experience with REST API interaction.
- Experience with HTML5 & CSS3.
- Experience with Typescript.
- Experience with Express.js (specifically in a serverless context).
- Experience with Ruby on Rails.
- Experience with SQL-based relational databases such as PostgreSQL.
- Experience with frontend state management libraries like Redux.
- Experience with developing desktop applications with Electron.js
- Experience with building CI pipelines with CircleCI or another popular CI/CD platform.
- Experience with DevOps/deployment using AWS w/ Docker.
What's in it for you?:
- Join an exciting machine learning-powered startup company.
- A stock option package.
- A supportive work environment where you're encouraged to grow your knowledge.
- The ability to work on exciting startup projects that will revolutionize the photography industry.
- Working from home allowed (1 - 2 days/week) aka the dream.
- Fun team-building events (dancing, skating etc.)