Job Description :
CSC Generation Holdings family of brands is saving retail. We acquire store and catalog-based retailers, and transform them into high performing, ?digital first' brands. In just four years, we've acquired and turned around brands including Sur La Table, Z Gallerie, Direct Buy and One Kings Lane, saving over 2,000 jobs and reaching $1.5B in revenue.
The Internal Communications Specialist is responsible for developing, implementing and monitoring communications initiatives to engage and align employees to our mission and goals. The right candidate is a self-starter who excels at finding innovative ways to develop and deliver strategic business communications. In this role, you will be responsible for executing a comprehensive communications program to deliver consistent messaging through our digital channels including our intranet, internal social channels, and email. Your role is to keep the company informed, educated, and enabled to consume important messages and give them tools to extend the messages in their departments. The position is required to work closely with organizational leaders, be able to self-manage and lead projects from conception to completion.
- Consult across businesses, functions, and regions to ensure visibility, engagement, and coordination of communications as needed
- Drive intranet engagement through ongoing communication and engagement activities designed to grow participation and adoption
- Maintain internal editorial calendar in collaboration with the communications team and drive effective communication flow to employees using the appropriate channels
- Ensure consistent internal communications messaging across all mediums and for different parts of the organization
- Using measurement methods and data-based insights to adjust strategy and plans as needed to achieve business results
- Develop communications strategies and plans to support organizational change
- Leverage your strong writing skills and eye for design by developing e-communications, digital advertising and/or social media outreach focused on attracting candidates
- Create, develop, and maintain CSC's internal newsletters
- Support internal teams involved in creating in-house education/recruitment events to advance business objectives
- Background in communications, journalism, or a related field
- 1-3 years of experience in internal communications or similar roles
- Exceptional writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Proficient in Microsoft 365, including Teams, Sharepoint and Outlook
- Experience working in a busy environment, (start-up experience is an asset)
- Strong project management, organization and communication skills
- Ability to work proactively and independently while collaborating with colleagues at all levels of the organization
- Communications experience across multiple audience segments
- AP style a plus
- Internal communications strategy and planning experience a plus
What's in it for you?
- Massive career growth opportunities
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Work remotely
- Birthday off with pay!