Job Description :
IGM Financial Inc. is one of Canada's leading diversified wealth and asset management companies with approximately $271 billion in total assets under managements. The company provides a broad range of financial planning and investment management services to help more than two million Canadians meet their financial goals. Its activities are carried out principally through IG Wealth Management, Mackenzie Investments and Investment Planning Counsel.
Under IGM Financial's unique business model based on leading brands and multi-channel distribution strategy is Mackenzie Investments, founded in 1967. Mackenzie Investments is a holistic asset-management partner for thousands of Canadian financial advisors and the investors they support.
At Mackenzie Investments You Can Build Your Career with Confidence.
We have a vision and a strategy that will challenge the way business in this industry is done and help Canadians be successful in the ways that mean the most to them. As part of our team, you will do some of your best work, develop some of your most valuable skills and give back in ways that make a difference in the lives of Canadians. We are proud to be recognized as one of Greater Toronto's Top Employers (2022) by Mediacorp Canada Inc. for empowering our employees with the tools to thrive while working remotely, while also providing resources to ensure physical and mental wellness were put front and centre.
Join an unstoppable team that is embedded in continuous learning, understanding, and knowledge sharing. You will thrive in our supportive environment where you can indulge your curiosity to learn, while receiving the feedback you need to refine your skills and abilities. We are dedicated to offering a hybrid work environment when applicable.
Mackenzie Investments is a diverse workplace committed to doing business inclusively - this starts with having a representative workforce! We encourage applications from all qualified candidates that represent the diversity present across Canada - including racialized persons, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, 2SLGBTQIA+ community, gender diverse and neurodiverse individuals, as well as all who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
The Employee Communications team at IGM Financial is responsible for planning and delivering engaging and strategic employee communications across the IGM Financial group of companies (Mackenzie Investments, IG Wealth Management and partners with Investment Planning Counsel) to help drive a fulfilling employee experience, culture and business performance. Success is achieved through optimizing and modernizing internal digital channels through data-driven insights, advising and supporting Business Partners on new and fresh communications to enhance our talent brand and culture, and developing integrated CEO communication programs and events to engage employees in IGM's business success.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Employee Communications, and part of the IGM Financial Human Resources team, the Manager ( Term ) Employee Communications will help improve the employee experience through developing innovative, proactive, metrics-based and effective communications.
The Manager role is an individual contributor, based in Toronto or Winnipeg, in a hybrid workplace environment.
CEO programs - focused on Mackenzie Investments
- Partner with team to help deliver the annual CEO strategy for Mackenzie Investments such as Employee Forums, Strategic Leadership Forums, quarterly business updates, and CEO videos and messaging for key cultural initiatives e.g. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, community and social events
- Help plan and manage decks, speaking notes, speaker support, promotional communications and logistics
Communications planning a nd execution
- Collaborate with internal business partners on key initiatives including ideation of new tools / formats and editorial support to ensure our leaders and employees are well-informed, engaged and contributing to IGM's success
- Analyze, measure and report on communication effectiveness
Writing and editing
- Write, edit, proofread communications including employee and leadership communications, intranet site content and stand-alone communication such as executive presentations, video scripts and intranet articles
- Partner with the writing and digital team to submit editorial content on our corporate channels on a regular basis
Education, Experience and Leadership Competencies:
- Bachelor's degree Professional Communications or College diploma in Communications/English/Public Relations required; additional designation is an asset.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in employee or corporate communications in an agency or large conglomerate setting
- Superior writing, editing and proofreading skills with proven attention to style, tone and detail to drive compelling content across multiple channels and platforms (digital and in-person)
- Strong organizational and project management skills with experience in managing multiple, diverse projects and tight deadlines with autonomy, while maintaining timely, high-quality work across the team
- A proactive and innovative mindset with the ability to build strong relationships and collaborate effectively
- Responds well to changing priorities and circumstances, and demonstrates resilience and positivity when faced with disruptions or obstacles
- Ability to work independently with good initiative and judgment
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel); Experience with SharePoint, Workfront, Airtable is an asset
- Incumbent should be comfortable self-managing their time and maintaining a healthy work-life balance
Please provide three writing samples with your application, including one communications plan with workback
Please visit our career page by clicking on the following link: https://www.mackenzieinvestments.com/en/careers
For internal applicants, please share with your current leader your intent to apply to the role. In the event that you are selected, please let your Talent Acquisition Partner know if you are in any other internal recruitment process.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Mackenzie Investments; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Mackenzie Investments is an accessible employer committed to providing a barrier free recruitment experience. If you require an accommodation or this information in an alternate format at any stage of the recruitment process, please reach out to the Talent Acquisition team who will work with you to meet your needs.
Please apply by June 28, 2022.