CategoryCommunications & PR
Job OpenedMarch 31st, 2022
EducationAssociate's Degree/College Diploma
Day in the Life:
- As part of the People Experience team, the Project Specialist is responsible for the successful planning, onboarding, execution and delivery of projects for Hudson's Bay's People Experience. The Project Specialist is also responsible for ensuring process documentation and optimization, and continuous improvement.
- Reporting to the Director, Internal Communications, the Project Specialist manages key People Experience projects. The Project Specialist's responsibilities include: the coordination and completion of projects on time within scope and budget, establishing regular communication with client group to ensure that each groups' initiatives are documented and executed with alignment to expectations, managing and coordinating projects/tasks with People Experience functional groups and internal client groups to ensure that onboarding projects are executed in a timely, cohesive, and compliant manner.
What You Will Do:
- Working with various stakeholders in Talent Acquisition, Payroll, Benefits, HR Information Systems (HRIS), Finance and People Experience team, develop and document project scope, responsibilities, delivery expectations, timing (project plan), change management plan, communications plan, training plan, testing plan, etc. to ensure projects are delivered on time, within scope and budget.
- Serve as Hudson's Bay lead for day-to-day project communications and management with external vendors.
- Maintain project communications and findings to key stakeholders within both People Experience and business teams within Hudson's Bay business functions
- Promote continuous improvement by ensuring process efficiencies are identified and actioned
- Builds the team's function, by building capacity and capability, expanding their areas of expertise, and enabling them to handle a greater percentage of inquiries competently
- Organize and delegate project tasks considering project requirements against project team strengths, skill sets and experience levels
- Track project performance and provide project updates on a consistent basis to various stakeholders about strategy, adjustments, and progress and ensure project proceeds to plan, clarify specific requirements of each project and secure agreement for deviations
- Manage changes to the project scope and project schedule to achieve expected project performance, reporting and escalating deviations as required
What You Will Need:
- Completion of a post-secondary diploma in project management, business administration, human resources or a related field
- Minimum of 3 years of project coordination and budget administration experience in a similar role
- Proven working experience in full life cycle project management to complete projects according to outlined scope, budget, and timeline
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
What You Can Expect:
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Associate discount up to 40% including top brands
- Flexible work environment that allows for work-life balance
About Hudson's Bay:
As North America's oldest retailer, Hudson's Bay is the top destination for Canadians to realize their best style of life. Our goal, as One Team, is to deliver a frictionless omni experience where stores anchor the customer journey with surprising discoveries, desired services, and localized assortment.
At Hudson's Bay, we share a passion for innovation, building meaningful relationships, and living a colourful life. We empower our associates to unlock their full potential by giving them opportunities to grow and learn every day. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, embrace change, and are looking to make an impact, we want you on our team.
We are a retailer that caters to all Canadians and need a diverse team to ensure our continued success. We strongly believe in the power of diversity, and encourage applications from everyone who is eager to make a difference in the customer's shopping experience. Together, we can rewrite the rules of retail.
Learn more about our commitment to DE&I at HBC Foundation & HBC Heritage.
Our Commitment to Building a Winning Culture:
As One Team we have re-established our internal behaviours and culture to ensure we all succeed. One Team provides the tools needed to shift our ways of working and creates change to become a purpose-driven, digital first business. Our 4 pillars for embracing One Team are: Always be Customer Champions, Performance and Purpose Driven, Keep it Simple & Change Agents.
Interested in Social Media?
Follow us on LinkedIn & Instagram.
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing non discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence,compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.