- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in marketing, brand management, or corporate social responsibility.
- Experience in managing multiple complex projects and influencing executive stakeholders internal and externally.
- Experience managing programs with the goal of driving brand awareness, sentiment change, and addressing reputational challenges.
- Ability to translate complex ideas into simple and intuitive communications.
- Awareness of current events, the Canadian technology landscape, government affairs, and online safety topics.
ABOUT THE JOB
Whether you're on a consumer product (like Gmail, Search, Maps, Chrome, Android) or a business product (Google Ads, AdSense, Google Marketing Platform, Analytics), you take part in a complete marketing experience as you lead every facet of the product's journey. From determining positioning, naming, competitive analysis, feature prioritization and external communications, you help shape the representation of the product and help it grow a consumer base. This means you work with a cross-functional team across Sales, corporate communications, legal, webmasters, product development, engineering and more. In this role, you'll be involved with product marketing strategy from beginning to end.
As a Product Marketing Manager, you will drive and manage Google's initiatives to solidify Google's brand with Canada's Opinion Formers including policy makers and decision-makers across both public and private sectors. You will understand the insights about Opinion Formers and the Canadian digital ecosystem and policy landscape, and work with the team to define the right engagement plans. You will help to build narratives, launch programs, and create marketing campaigns to bring these ideas to life.
Know the user. Know the magic. Connect the two. At its core, marketing at Google starts with technology and ends with the user, bringing both together in unconventional ways. Our job is to demonstrate how Google's products solve the world's problems-from the everyday to the epic, from the mundane to the monumental. And we approach marketing in a way that only Google can-changing the game, redefining the medium, making the user the priority, and ultimately, letting the technology speak for itself.
- Uncover insights about opinion formers and the digital ecosystem to inform initiatives and communication strategies.
- Internalize and bring to life the Google brand, mission, and values in a single cohesive narrative around Google's commitment to the country/region throughout the different initiatives that are launched.
- Manage the rollout of new programs from conceptualization, strategy, and planning to execution of initiatives, localization of content, partnerships, communication/public relations plans, and integrated brand campaigns.
- Work closely with, coordinate, guide, and influence cross-functional stakeholders to ensure maximum impact on the Google brand among Opinion Formers. Manage external agencies and partners to structure and execute programs, and efficiently deliver on campaign objectives and business goals.
- Support executive communication within Marketing and to other cross-functional teams. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form.