Mission for this Position :
At Baffinland, we work and live beyond the Arctic Circle, mining iron ore at our Mary River Property, located in the Qikiqtani Region of Nunavut on Baffin Island; one of the world's most captivating and seldom seen destinations. We are a unique company with a strong management who have amassed specialty experience on northern mining projects through all phases of Inuit consultation, permitting, construction and operation. Our workforce brings together the modern practice of safe, sustainable mining and the enduring value of a traditional culture, which is rapidly advancing. The result is a work and community experience you won't find anywhere else. We are looking for people ready to share, build, and grow with our company.
Reporting to the Training Superintendent, the Training Administrative Assistant will support all matters related to Baffinland training and documentation. They will process data in the Learning Management System (LMS) following protocols in place and manage record keeping of training documentation. They will work in close contact with the Training Teams to receive all training documentation. Inuit Beneficiaries are strongly encouraged to apply.Main Accountabilities:
- Data entry of training record in the LMS (Cognibox) and other tracking spreadsheets/tools as per protocol.
- Generate reports from LMS and other systems for department use.
- Organize and maintain digital copies of training records on the department network by scanning and filing documents.
- File and archive hardcopy documentation.
- Assist trainees in the computer lab for computer-based training, including password resets, logging in, printing certificates
- Assist with any training-related projects such as optimizing our use of the LMS to ensure accuracy Main Qualifications:
High School Diploma & Certificate in Office Administration Preferred
3 years of experience in an adminstrative role required
Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook) required
Knowledge of Cognibox preferred
Familiarity with SAP or other training preferred
Ability to communicate (spoken, reading, writing) in both English and Inuktitut preferred