Social Media Manager / Digital Campaigner
We are looking for a savvy Social Media Manager with a proven track record to design and implement our online outreach across various platforms.
Social Media Manager
The Ontario Clean Air Alliance, a registered charity, led the successful campaign to phase-out Ontario's five dirty coal-fired power plants. We are now working to move Ontario towards a 100% renewable energy future through an integrated combination of energy conservation and efficiency, cost-effective made-in-Ontario green energy, and energy cooperation with Hydro Quebec.
Working alongside our small team, this position will play an important role in communicating our news and issues to the public and building support for our campaigns.
Our office is downtown Toronto, but communications staff have the option to work remotely. Candidates should have a good understanding of Ontario politics and geography.
You may be perfect for this job if you:
- Are excited about contributing to the health and vitality of Ontario's environment, air quality, climate stability, and economy with your communications skills.
- Are passionate about moving towards a renewable energy future without fossil fuels or nuclear power.
- Can confidently create appealing digital content, both visual and text-based.
- Can write engaging and informative copy quickly and efficiently.
- Can build and motivate audiences with engaging material and smart outreach strategies.
- Daily management of OCAA social media accounts, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube, and recommending new social media channels, including rationale, approach and workplan.
- Working with the communications director to develop social media engagement and communication strategies to support specific campaigns and/or geographically targeted materials.
- Undertaking graphic design and short video production, sourcing images or materials and incorporating feedback on social media materials.
- Preparing posts for various themes and audiences and targeting these posts to specifically identified audiences through ad management targeting or other engagement strategies.
- Developing and implementing strategies to increase following and engagement on all channels.
- Engaging audiences on all platforms through commenting, replies, follows, direct messaging, etc. while adhering to organizational character and voice.
- Tailoring content to each platform.
- Initiating messaging for reactive opportunities, such as news stories and events in a timely and relevant way.
- Developing social media schedules, a materials bank and overall plans for deployment of ongoing message themes.
- Monthly statistical analysis of social media performance, including trends, successes and failures, and post-performance factors, and developing recommendations based on such analysis for improving performance/effectiveness.
- Strong graphic design skills, and ability to use photo and video editing software (please list programs you are familiar with). Illustration abilities an asset but not required.
- 3-years experience in running high frequency and high engagement social media feeds and reporting on performance.
- Understanding of audience identification, and development of strategies for connecting with key audiences.
- Ability to manage social media calendars and to use analytics to determine timing, frequency, and platforms for posts.
- Ability to develop effective and engaging messages from raw source materials (news stories, reports) and to distill key messages.
- Ability to work independently, in concert with a small team, and to implement strategies accurately and effectively without hands-on supervision.
- Ability to take conceptual direction and create a series of posts that implement the direction in an effective way.
- Ability to analyze performance through various statistical portals, including Hootsuite (or similar) and/or platform-integrated tools as well as to adjust strategies and approaches based on analysis.
- Knowledge of social media advertising systems and proven ability to deploy paid ads effectively.
- Ability to quickly learn the key aspects of the issues the organization is campaigning on, including green energy, climate change, green transition, and green jobs. Please list any work you may have done - professional or otherwise - around these issues.
We welcome a diversity of applicants.
Applications should include a cover letter and resume.
Application deadline: June 28, 2022
While we appreciate all expressions of interest, only those that are short-listed will be contacted.
For more information about the Ontario Clean Air Alliance, please see: https://linktr.ee/ontariocleanairalliance