King Edward Hotel
With its rich history, timeless elegance, and modern hospitality, the Omni King Edward Hotel has been a favourite of both locals and visitors for over 110 years. Located in the heart of downtown Toronto, this landmark hotel is just steps away from a wealth of diverse restaurants, tourist hotspots, and shopping centres. It's no wonder the Omni King Edward is the perfect destination for business and leisure travellers alike.
The Omni King Edward Hotel's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni King Edward Hotel may be your perfect matchJob Description :
The ideal candidate will be responsible for maintaining relationships and increasing business levels with existing Catering accounts, and actively prospecting and securing new social and corporate group and event business in an upcoming market. A motivated individual that possesses excellent communication skills, understands the importance in attention to details and is self-motivated is what we are looking for.Responsibilities :
- Respond to all inquiries in an effort to capture additional market share
- Issue proposals, contracts, negotiate and closes business
- Manage and service key clients as well as prospect potential new clients
- Negotiate prices, prepare accurate quotes and then confirm by written contracts
- Follow Omni's Billing and Credit standards for all events
- Prepare Banquet Event Orders, issue updates and distribute in a manner that ensures that all affected parties have the information that they require to execute the event seamlessly
- Place follow-up calls to clients upon completion of events and re-solicit business
- Deliver exceptional guest service and strong financial results
- Regularly update forecasts to ensure financial accuracy
- Coordinate Site inspections
- Upon turnover of a booking, coordinate and follow up with the assigned Banquet Manager to ensure delivery of venues promised services
- Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports as required
- Participate in trade shows and promotional events within the hotel and trade related organizations Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent, college degree preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year catering experience
- Knowledge of the operations of the hotel industry.
- Dynamic, enthusiastic, creative leader who thrives under pressure and is able to perform multiple functions and troubleshoot when needed.
- Ability to communicate in the English language both written and verbal, with the ability to demonstrate warmth and empathy when engaging with others.
- Must have proven selling, negotiating and presentation skills.
- Requires knowledge of advanced sales techniques.
- Highly developed customer service skills with strong attention to detail.
- Proficient computer skills including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Power Point, Excel, and Outlook. Delphi experience preferred.
- The ability to delegate, effectively train and coach.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays. End of Job Description: #IND123