Sofina Foods is one of Canada's leading manufacturers of primary and further processed protein products for retail and foodservice customers as well as international markets. We manufacture pork, beef, turkey, chicken and fish products. Our family of brands include: Cuddy, Lilydale, Janes, Mastro, San Daniele, Fletcher's, Vienna, Riserva and Zamzam. We are also the exclusive distributor of Italy's finest Rio Mare, Lavazza and San Benedetto products in Canada.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Human Resources, the HR Recruiter is accountable for meeting Sofina's staffing needs for hourly positions to support business priorities.
- Manages the recruitment and selection process for hourly employees;
- Leads plant tours for candidates, following all appropriate H&S, QA and COVID protocols;
- Sources candidates by direct sourcing, referral, and continuously and creatively identifying sources of candidates via job ads, referrals, associations, career fairs, educational facilities, employment agencies, networking, social media, databases, websites, etc.;
- Maintains all documentation and metrics associated with the recruitment process and reports them regularly;
- Liases with external recruitment agencies for temporary and permanent hiring support;
- Manage the weekly new hire orientation program and related administration;
- Supports the internal employee communication strategy (posting on communication boards, ad hoc events);
- Responsible for running attendance reports and creating related documents;
- Organizes and participates in retention activities and maintains timelines;
- Provide support at employee help desk during scheduled timeframes;
- Collaborate with Operations Management to determine placement for new hires;
- Engages Union in new hire process, seeks feedback as needed;
- Other related job duties.
- Diploma or Degree in Human Resource Management;
- 1 year of experience in full cycle recruitment in a fast paced environment preferred;
- Knowledge and understanding of recruitment and selection methodologies and practices, provincial employment and human rights legislation required;
- Strong organizational, analytical, and research skills;
- Excellent communication, functional support and facilitation skills;
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, and Outlook);
- Comfortable providing plant tours in pork processing environment: cold, noisy, etc.
- Customer service mindset. Sofina Foods Inc. is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (?AODA'). Applicants are asked to make their needs/requirements, for the purpose of accommodation under AODA, known to Human Resources when they are contacted for an interview.