We're building the world's best technology to deliver the best mentoring, networking and informal development experiences. 10KC offers innovative solutions to help clients evolve and adapt their current programs to address the challenges of the modern day workplace.
We've built award winning partnerships to strengthen connectivity and talent development in enterprise, academic, and industry organizations. Our clients include Fortune 1000s like the Royal Bank of Canada (RBC), PWC, Adidas, General Electric, Telus, Johnson & Johnson, post-secondary academic institutions across Canada, and diversity networks like Ascend and Black Professionals In Tech Network (BPTN). We have big plans to grow and are building a world-class team to help us meet (and exceed!) our ambitious goals.
Our Marketing team is currently seeking a VP, Marketing.
- Please note that our system displays PDF resumes more clearly and preserves your formatting. Other formats will work, but PDF is preferred.
- Think you're a great fit for this role but don't meet 100% of the criteria listed below? Apply anyways - we'd love to speak with you if you meet most of the requirements! 10KC is permanently remote and building a digital-first culture. We welcome applications from across Canada and the U.S.
As the VP of Marketing, you will report directly to the CEO and be their trusted partner in designing and executing effective marketing strategies that align with 10KC's business goals.
We're looking for a leader who has an entrepreneurial spirit, extreme passion for our mission, and the energy and discipline to come in and be a builder in a start-up tech environment. You should have a passion for diversity, equity & inclusion (DEI), mentorship, and talent development, because this is the work that you and your team will be partnering with our clients on initiatives to drive (and accomplish!).
You're a seasoned leader that knows, lives, and breathes leads, funnels and funnel management, drip marketing, and all the rest. You'll have a solid Marketing background demonstrating progressive leadership growth and work experience managing a variety of projects end-to-end, including demand gen campaigns and digital marketing techniques.
You will collaborate closely with internal teams, including Sales, Customer Success, Product, and Engineering. You will be instrumental in driving revenue growth and play a significant role in shaping 10KC's strategic planning. You will also oversee all Marketing Communications, Growth Marketing, Events, and Marketing Operations.
What you'll do
- Strategy: Develop and implement a marketing strategy to exceed growth targets and rapidly expand the 10KC customer base. Present data-driven growth plans with proposals that outline investment and business outcomes and design marketing KPIs to manage performance and efficiency
- Leadership: Drawing from your experience scaling high performance Marketing teams in a B2B SaaS environment, define the optimal team structure to help us scale, as well as grow our Marketing Team by attracting the best and brightest talent. Coach and mentor the Marketing Team to achieve top performance, developing individual skills, removing roadblocks, prioritizing tasks, and consulting as a trusted advisor.
- Demand Generation: Own full accountability for the overall performance of Demand Gen and define, design, and deliver effective strategies to support revenue growth, such as driving high quality leads and funnel/pipeline generation.
- Product Marketing: Develop and maintain a deep understanding of our various user personas, becoming a champion of customer insights within the organization. Establish 10KC as the leading informal development platform, with positioning and messaging to be a clear category leader.
- Brand Marketing: Build a brand that catches the attention of our audience. Leverage PR and social media in spreading the 10KC story.
- Content Marketing: Create a variety of content formats, from blog to e-books and events, and others we haven't begun to explore, like video and audio. Collaborate with our L&D Solutions, Sales, and Customer Success teams to develop events that drive new business.
- Customer Advocacy & Marketing: Develop strategies focused on existing customers to drive retention and expansion.
- Nice to haves: Experience in community building and Account Based Marketing What you'll bring
- Demonstrated progressive leadership experience in roles with B2B SaaS marketing experience (Minimum 8-10 years experience as a point of reference - but breadth and depth of experience matters more to us than number of years).
- You've successfully built and scaled the Marketing function of an early stage company and are excited to do it again.
- Deep experience in several areas of Marketing (Content & Brand, Demand Gen, Product Marketing, Content & Brand, and Marketing Operations), and broad exposure to the many other facets.
- Strong discipline of customer development and research; you champion the voice of the customer throughout the organization.
- A data-first approach and the ability to use both quantitative data (e.g., metrics, analytics) and qualitative data (e.g., user feedback) to build your Marketing strategy, tell a compelling story and track performance.
- Strong communication & cross functional collaboration skills. You're comfortable working cross functionally with stakeholders and can manage competing views to drive alignment and resolution.
More About 10KC
At 10KC, we are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive community; one where employees feel a sense of belonging, and are valued for their contributions and the perspectives they bring. We celebrate and support our differences. In 2021 we welcomed new team members who are BIPOC, LGBTQ+, and neurodiverse as a part of our team (and we'll continue to hire more in 2022!). Our mission is to democratize opportunity through the power of human connection. 10KC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage everyone to apply. Whatever your background, race, creed, sex, gender, orientation, religion, people with living with disabilities, and foreign-born residents, to apply - you belong here!
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive health & dental benefits
- Employee assistance program (support for mental health, family & relationship, child & eldercare, work & career, legal, financial, and more)
- Flexible time off (vacation days, flex days, health days, winter holiday closure, Summer Fridays)
- Home office set up allowance
- Monthly fitness stipend
- Monthly internet and phone stipend
- ??Parental benefits program
- Permanently remote in Canada (options to work short-term abroad)
- Flexible working hours to suit your lifestyle and needs