Product Marketing Manager (Ottawa)
About GaN Systems
GaN Systems is the global leader in GaN power semiconductors with the largest portfolio of transistors that uniquely address the needs of today's most demanding industries including data center servers, renewable energy systems, automotive, industrial motors and consumer electronics.
As a market-leading innovator, GaN Systems makes possible the design of smaller, lower cost, more efficient power systems. The company's award-winning products provide system design opportunities free from the limitations of yesterday's silicon. By changing the rules of transistor performance, GaN Systems is enabling companies to revolutionize their industries and transform the world.
- Manage the GaN device portfolio and drive product roadmap
- Specify new product definition and create product technical requirements with prioritized specifications by analyzing the market needs and customer requirements.
- Align with R&D, Quality, Operations and Sales to drive R&D projects and ensure deliverables meet milestones throughout the product lifecycle development
- Understand market and technology trends, awareness of the competition activities and their product positioning in the market
- Manage new product release including the product collaterals and supporting product-related communications to internal sales and end customers
- Perform business case analysis and understand cost model to support product pricing strategies
- Collaborate with Technical Marketing and Application Engineering for marketing strategy and product value proposition
- Support Customer Operations and Sales to build strategic relationships with key customers
Required Skills & Experience:
- BSEE degree or other related engineering field. Master degree in power electronics preferred
- At least 5-year experience in power electronics design, application engineering and/or product/technical marketing in power semiconductor industry. Prior experience in GaN power device is preferred
- In-depth understanding of power electronics applications and power semiconductor products including the device parameters, design trade-offs and their impact on system performance
- Familiar with fundamental power device technology. Basic knowledge of the device design flow, reliability & qualification test and packaging solutions are preferred
- Capability to effectively communicate and influence cross function teams to meet the deliverable milestones driven by external customers and business strategy Strong verbal, written and presentation communication skills
- Self-motivated with sense of commitment and strong drive to achieve business goals
- Willingness to travel as necessary
- GaN Systems is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We strive to select the best qualified applicant for any opening and to reward employees based on their skills, experience and performance. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, pregnancy status, marital status, gender, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.