Melbourne c b d -
Java Senior Application Developer - Serverless computing
We are Fujitsu. A Japanese company with a strong set of values and a history of respecting fairness and equality, whilst promoting diversity and inclusion. We constantly push ourselves to do better and strive to bring together a diverse mix of perspectives and talents in an inclusive environment, where we encourage our people to bring their full selves to work. We call this Be Completely You.
We are inclusive. As a responsible business, it is important to us that we reflect the diversity of our society and customers. Globally, Fujitsu is not only a Disability Confident company, a Times Top 50 employer for Women, and a signatory for the Race at Work Charter. We are also committed to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals and in Australia we have been recognised as an AWEI Bronze employer for our LGBTI+ inclusion. We also have specific inclusion efforts with First Nations Peoples in New Zealand through our Maori and Pacific Peoples Inclusion Plan and in Australia with our Reconciliation Action Plan.
We are people centric. This means we care about our people (and their families and communities) and appreciate that everyone has a life outside of work. By supporting our people to Work Your Way, we empower them to achieve a flexible and respectful approach to work which suits them and our customers best - this could be working hours, location, or a flexible approach to their working day.
We want you to thrive. If working for a progressive organization, with a continuing commitment to diversity and inclusion is important, you should apply.
Shape your world and achieve together
Java Application Developer for application development, maintenance support and support.
Core Skill -
- REACT web programming
- AWS Serverless knowledge in particular: AWS Lambda (writing in Java)
- Build Serverless applications in AWS
- Ability to use a CICD (GitLab & GitLab Runner) pipeline to deploy applications on AWS
- Ability and understanding of SAM, Cloud formation in AWS
Core responsibilities are as follows :
- Design and develop code for software and applications according to the project specifications.
- Build prototypes to validate technology and project requirements.
- Run and monitor unit, system, and integration level tests.
- Analyse test results and deliver solutions to problem areas.
- Contribute to the system and services requirements gathering and documentations for both users and developers.
- Comply with engineering and project management procedures and processes.
- Other tasks as directed by the project or service delivery manager
Building your own path to success:
- An understanding of software development life cycle;
- Ability contributed project design, analysis, specification and implementation;
- Experience with java and .Net programming;
- Knowledge object-oriented programming Technical
- Some webservices knowledge & experience - definition, configuration, deployment
- Knowledge of other web-related technologies;
- Knowledge of software testing procedures;
- Actual experience as a software engineer/developer in a commercial environment;
- Knowledge of software project issue tracking and reporting systems;
- Experience or familiarity with C, C++, or Python;
- Familiarity with relational database design and implementation (e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL);
- Knowledge of internet security concepts.
- Computer Science or related degree
- MS Office-Word, Excel
- MS Visio
- MS Project
- Experience with Test Suite desirable
- Ability to meet deadlines;
- Ability to follow directions;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong logical/analytical/problem-solving ability;
- Ability to work and communicate effectively in a small team;
- Ability to work independently given some scope & direction;
- Ability to use initiative
- Quality focused
Fujitsu complies with government legislation in various jurisdictions which in certain circumstances may impose a requirement that certain workers be vaccinated against COVID-19 (or otherwise have a valid exemption). Also, for client facing roles, many of our customers require our staff to be vaccinated to attend their workplaces. Based on Fujitsu's assessment of workplace risk and the safety and wellbeing of our people and consultation with our staff, Fujitsu has introduced a Vaccination Requirements policy which requires all persons entering a Fujitsu workplace, attending a Fujitsu work-related event, or entering other premises to undertake work on Fujitsu's behalf to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or the subject of an appropriate exemption (and to provide evidence of the same). Consequently as a result of Fujitsu's policy, and, where applicable , customer and legislated vaccination requirements, Fujitsu requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated or have an authorised exemption approved by Fujitsu's Crisis management Team (CMT). Recruits will be required to provide evidence of their vaccination status as part of the recruitment process.