Who We Are
With a 19-year history building custom software and web applications, we began in Calgary and moved to the Okanagan 10 years ago. We recently moved our head office into Westbank's first Coworking Centre, the Big Bear Innovation Centre. With a client list that includes several exciting startups as well as large organizations such as First Nations Finance Authority, Kal Tire, QHR Technologies, GoByBike BC and Innovate Calgary, we are expanding our team and looking to grow our company.
We are a purpose-driven company focused on empowering our employees and contractors to learn and grow. Our CEO, Keith MacIntyre, has almost 25 years of software engineering experience, knows tech, and has built a high-performance teams that understand how to create quality software applications.
People want to join Big Bear because we communicate as a team, enjoy working with each other, and motivate each other to succeed. We are building a unique company where a top priority is customer success. We focus on what the customer actually needs, not just what we can sell to them. We propose solutions that solve problems and will help our client's business grow.
We are experienced working with remote developers and have a spacious office located a few minutes from downtown Kelowna. Our developers, past and present, have all said that they have learned more working with our experienced team than at any other company.
We are currently working on a complex financial management system and have an exciting new opportunity with a First Nation's group. We will be launching another new project in the ski industry this summer as well.
Who You Are
- You have 1 or more years of experience as a Front End Developer
- You enjoy learning new technologies.
- You have experience with Angular
- You have experience with remote teams and/or clients.
- You love complex challenges, whether it is technical, operational, or user experience related
- You are customer-focused. You like to see the results of your effort translate into satisfied clients
- You can adapt to different processes
- You enjoy working with a high-performance team
- You enjoy working on software with a purpose