We are currently looking for a Communications Coordinator to support our digital journey and innovation, with a focus on creating and delivering internal corporate communications, messaging and marketing initiatives work. The position is located in our Calgary head office, with a hybrid work environment available.
The Communications Coordinator is a strong multi-tasker with an interest in all facets of the corporate communications function, including social media and brand communications, internal communications, client and stakeholder relations, and corporate sustainability.
The ideal candidate demonstrates strong critical thinking, a high level of detail orientation, professional accountability, willingness to learn and strong time management and prioritization skills. The Communications Coordinator role additionally requires a high level of autonomy, giving the successful candidate the ability to lead and take ownership of multiple projects and deliverables across divisions as required.
This role is ideal for a current Communications or Marketing Coordinator looking for an opportunity to generate exceptional impact and business value through strong corporate communications guidance and coordination leadership.
The primary focus of the Communications Coordinator is to own the proposal response process. This process includes ensuring internal divisional leaders and teams adhere to schedule for timely project delivery, gathering relevant and fit-for-purpose content under the request of SME's, formatting and editing draft proposal and RFP content for clarity, grammar, and accuracy, and executing in accordance with relevant key-messaging and strategy guidelines.
This role will have the ability to lead the stepwise improvement of the proposal process in collaboration with the Marketing Strategist, COO and VP of Technology and Strategy, to realize identified business development opportunities in alignment with LandSolutions business objectives.
Secondarily, a successful candidate in this role has the demonstrated ability to create and deliver technically accurate, compelling, and grammatically exact internal and external corporate communications, under the guidance of the LandSolutions brand and key messaging strategies.
While not required, experience in an adjacent industry such as oil and gas or energy transmission is a benefit.
Key Areas of Accountability
- Ownership of RFP response process, which includes assisting in the RFP and RFQ coordination, adherence to RFP timelines, work assignments to respective participants, template creation and management, formatting, editing and final preparation and delivery of response to divisional leads for client distribution
- Provide corporate event coordination, management and execution support to Marketing Strategist and divisional leads by compiling accurate and timely information to inform the decision-making process in line with conference strategy and business objectives
- Manage bid delivery sites (Merx, Bids & Tenders, Biddinggo, SaskTenders, etc) to ensure that all bids that are forwarded by individuals inside LS and those from identified bidding sites are received correctly
- Collaborate with divisions, Marketing Strategist, COO and VP Technology and Strategy on developing communication and marketing processes and internal best practices
- Provide communications guidance and ongoing support to divisions for the purposes of recruitment, business development, and brand impact in both existing and emerging markets as required
- Create, edit, and improve client facing external communications and marketing collateral in both digital and print media in the form of social media posts, proposals, and RFP's
- Provide ongoing podcast support to the CEO and EA, as required
- Maintain external website, including a cadence of information updates to ensure content is accurate, up to date, and on brand
- Develop and implement internal communication programs including management of LandSolutions' intranet, The PuLSe, under the guidance of P&C
- Manage customer appreciation events, initiatives, and promotional materials
- Manage the crown mineral sales (AB, BC, SK, MB) calendar
- Manage internal communication of Daily Oil Bulletin
- Assist in collection of data for EESG reporting
- Self-motivated with the ability to connect, interact and motivate others at all levels
- A high level of critical thinking ability and detail orientation
- A natural ability to lead and a strong desire for professional autonomy
- Demonstrated proficiency in time management and prioritization
- A desire and proven ability to learn and improve through constructive feedback and jointly provide feedback for business success
- A high level of accountability and professional ownership
- Minimum three years' prior experience in a similar role within a Marketing or Communications function is required
- Bachelor's degree in communications or a combination of experience and education
- Strong technical written and verbal communication skills, including exceptional copywriting and/or technical writing experience is required
- Project coordination/management experience with the ability to strategize, coordinate and deliver projects in a timely manner
- Solid knowledge of website, marketing and graphic design software and analytic tools, incl Adobe Acrobat Pro, Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Canva or similar
- Excellent computer and software skills including MS Office 365 programs (expert level in MS Word and MS PowerPoint), SharePoint, and Teams
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Take reasonable care and action to protect your safety and the safety of others who may be affected by your actions or omissions
- Ensure proper use of safety equipment, clothing and devices
- Report unsafe conditions, incidents and near misses
- Comply with LandSolutions policies and procedures, applicable laws and the OH & S Act
- Irregular hours of work may be required
- Ability to work under pressure on time sensitive projects
- May require some intermittent travel as part of role
LandSolutions is actively engaged in all areas of land access, including acquisition, consultation, management, and environmental services. We are supported by more than 150 employees, contractors, and are well-established throughout Canada and United States.
We are looking for more of the best and brightest to join our committed team. If you are passionate about starting a career with LandSolutions we want to hear from you!
LandSolutions Inc is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal opportunities to all and our selection process is free from bias or discrimination. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, age, status, national origin, or disability, or any other legally protected characteristics.