Our crusade is for happier, healthier pets!
We're building a community that empowers and informs responsible pet ownership. That helps you deal with the joys and challenges of pet ownership and supports people and organizations who loyally serve pets. Our services really are paws-itively outrageous.
Our Marketing and Communications team is expanding and looking to add a Sr. Communications Manager who is a cleaver copywriter to create compelling, memorable stories that inform, engage and generate connections that win over hearts and paws.
The Sr. Communications Manager is accountable for developing effective marketing communications for the organization's various lines of business. As ?the voice' of Pethealth, the Sr. Communications Manager will lead a team to primarily drive the data driven marketing communications plan supporting new business growth. Ensuring the effective delivery of key messages while enhancing the organizational brand, you will work collaboratively with product marketing, digital marketing, sales and other cross functional teams to prioritize and execute on a variety of programs, to assist in achieving sales objectives while delivering on key performance indicators across all channels.
This position reports to the Director, Marketing and Communications and influences the senior management team, marketing, sales and other internal strategic partners providing clear and engaging content for our customers. The ideal individual is a pet lover who has direct to consumer and B2B experience, has managed cross-functional teams and lead large projects. They have strong interpersonal skills, a proven track record of creating alignment across functions and can bring innovative solutions to the table. Data literacy is critical to the success of the role. They are an independent worker and operate comfortably in a fast-paced environment with the ability to think creatively and strategically, solve problems, remove barriers and challenge the status-quo.
- Collaborate with key internal partners to effectively deliver on marketing communications objectives
- Partner with the Growth Marketing team and Product Marketing on the strategic development and the flawless implementation of customer growth programs.
- Provide and share results with insights while constantly seeking enhancements/optimization opportunities and regularly iterate to improve email and paid advertising campaign performance.
- Oversee agencies/vendors to manage projects as needed ensuring projects are delivered on task, on time and on budget.
- Build and evolve product positioning and key messages that connect with new customers.
- Be an exceptional storyteller, sharp and fast writer and have the know-how to translate data into engaging and approachable content strategies for our variety of audiences.
- Coordinate with customer facing teams throughout the company, to determine areas where we can drive increased awareness of our brand and specific value propositions.
- Contribute to developing relevant metrics for the communications team that align with business goals.
- Development of a test and learn approach to all existing and new communications.
- Experience providing leadership, mentorship and building internal culture (includes assigning work to communication managers, onboarding new team members).
- Leverage social listening tools to derive brand insights and content opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in appropriate field of study required
- 7+ years in marketing communications to end consumers
- Demonstrated experience in creating strategies that include leveraging new technologies to deliver on customer needs
- 2-3 years working in Google Analytics and PowerBI (or similar) reporting platforms Required Qualifications (Certifications, Licenses, Software Programs, KSA's):
- A creative and curious mindset and drive business results
- Demonstrated ability to create shared vision, inspire collaboration, and drive change with momentum.
- Proven ability to write strong and engaging customer communications
- Strong prioritizing, planning, analytical, presentation, people management and interpersonal relationship building skills
- Data driven and analytical mindset with strong knowledge of Google Analytics and Power BI
- Ability to influence stakeholders to gain alignment and prioritize cross functional initiatives
- Demonstrated problem-solving and negotiation skills in a fast-paced environment
- Strong leadership, team building, project-management and delegation skills
- Demonstrated strategic ability to plan, execute and achieve performance metrics
- Enjoys a challenge and can see the big picture
- High degree of analytical aptitude and multi-tasking capability
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Budget management
- Proficient in Microsoft Applications (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- GA Certification is an asset
- Frequent communications, verbal and written.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 80% of the time.
- Must be able to read, count and do simple mathematics.
- Be able to lift up to 10lbs. occasionally.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a phone with headset, calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- Visit Oakville, ON office 1x a week. We thank all candidates for their interest.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted by email within 7 business days.
Pethealth is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, disability, gender, sexual orientation or national origin. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection