Do you have an eye for detail in areas of writing, editing and design? Can you generate meaningful, concise copy for advertisements? Do you want to make a difference in Metro Vancouver, Fraser Valley, Okanagan and Vancouver Island communities? Are you interested in promoting local farmers and producers and a sustainable food system? If so, Choices Markets' Marketing Department has an immediate full-time opening for a Marketing Communications Specialist.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing, the Marketing Communications Specialist carries out a range of tasks:
- Coordinate, write, edit and fact check materials for the company's corporate newsletter as well as other marketing collateral including brochures, advertisements and informational handouts.
- Oversee the company's community relations programming, working directly with grassroots and corporate community organizations to build relationships, arrange for donations and devise appropriate public awareness campaigns to execute at retail locations.
- Collaborate with store managers and department heads to create appropriate messaging and design effective signage for retail locations.
- Connect and collaborate with vendors, brokers and product specialists on various promotional campaigns, sponsorships and giveaways.
- Maintain a social media presence for Choices Markets by generating social media content, coordinating online giveaways and sharing community stories.
- Demonstrate outstanding customer services skills when working with Choices customers and partners.
- Assist with event promotion and be present at events when applicable.
Here's what we're looking for:
- Post-secondary education in communications or marketing with experience in writing and editing in a business setting.
- Superior organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks in order to meet tight, overlapping deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- An understanding of how to tailor messaging to suit varying market segments while always staying true to the brand.
- Ability to exercise tact, discretion and good judgment.
- A naturally adaptable personality, able to work productively on your own and showing initiative to help drive growth in the brand.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher) and familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator).
- Availability Monday to Friday and on occasional weekends with the ability to travel.